Symantec AntiVirus Quarantines AutoIT Files

zeevid

neh, i don think so. NAV and McAfee does not have such an option.

its not like the firewall rules where we can add exception lists...

:">

Actually if you're using Symantec Anti-Virus (not Norton Anti-Virus) you can add exclusions, but I'd doubt it'll help you because, last time I was doing it, you added extensions as exclusions... you surely don't want to exclude all .exe files! :)

Actually if you're using Symantec Anti-Virus (not Norton Anti-Virus) you can add exclusions, but I'd doubt it'll help you because, last time I was doing it, you added extensions as exclusions... you surely don't want to exclude all .exe files! :)

True. You can also exclude entire directory structures.

I had my dev folders excluded so I could keep coding, but couldn't deploy anything until the defs were updated for all the client machines. (not going to exclude System32)

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

I'm glad you guys posted about this problem and took actions to fix it.

I've used AutoIt to create a very useful program for our local guys in the office. While it's not an absolutely necessary program, it certainly helps to have it running...

So this morning I showed up at work, and it was gone!

Apparently the auto-scan that's run every week on our computers skipped right over quarantine and jumped to delete.

It deleted the file I wrote, as well as several AutoIt installation and SciTe files. I don't have the full list, but it appeared as though every .exe in the "full download" for AutoIt was identified as a "downloader" by Symantec. (i.e. it thought they were programs that downloaded trojans/spyware from the 'net.)

So, I went to the backup disc and re-compiled the file, but this time instead of "allow decompile", I chose a high compression with no decompile -- and that worked. It still wanted to delete my AutoIt .exe files, as well as a .bin file in the "toExe" directory.

Hopefully this doesn't happen again anytime soon!

I'm glad you guys posted about this problem and took actions to fix it.

I've used AutoIt to create a very useful program for our local guys in the office. While it's not an absolutely necessary program, it certainly helps to have it running...

So this morning I showed up at work, and it was gone!

Apparently the auto-scan that's run every week on our computers skipped right over quarantine and jumped to delete.

It deleted the file I wrote, as well as several AutoIt installation and SciTe files. I don't have the full list, but it appeared as though every .exe in the "full download" for AutoIt was identified as a "downloader" by Symantec. (i.e. it thought they were programs that downloaded trojans/spyware from the 'net.)

So, I went to the backup disc and re-compiled the file, but this time instead of "allow decompile", I chose a high compression with no decompile -- and that worked. It still wanted to delete my AutoIt .exe files, as well as a .bin file in the "toExe" directory.

Hopefully this doesn't happen again anytime soon!

So far, I haven't had any problems with the newly-recompiled versions of my programs.

BUT: my company hasn't updated to a more-recently released antivirus definitions yet so I haven't been able to see if any of the AutoIT3 release files are still targeted.

Is anyone else still having problems?