Exe2Aut.exe

• Moderators

Can't really follow the logic with FileOpenDialog and then you have the name to the exe anyway in the run command, but then the _DirAutoIt I'm assuming is pulling your directory... Anyway, try a stand alone, and just fill in the filename, run this in a seperate script.

$Au2Exe = '"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\beta\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe"'
$Exe2Aut =  '"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\beta\Extras\Exe2Aut\Exe2Aut.exe"'
RunWait ($Au2Exe & ' /in "' & $filename & '" /out "' & $filename & '.exe" /pass "asdf"')
RunWait($Exe2Aut & ' /in "' & $filename & '.exe" /out "' & $filename & '_Output.au3" /pass "asdf"')

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Nope, crashed again, let me reboot and see if that changes anything :).

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

• Moderators

Nope, crashed again, let me reboot and see if that changes anything :).

Yeah... I hope so, I did test the above as so and it worked fine:
$filename = FileOpenDialog('pick', @ScriptDir, 'Au3 (*.au3)')
$Au2Exe = '"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\beta\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe"'
$Exe2Aut =  '"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\AutoIt3\beta\Extras\Exe2Aut\Exe2Aut.exe"'
RunWait ($Au2Exe & ' /in "' & $filename & '" /out "' & $filename & '.exe" /pass "asdf"')
RunWait($Exe2Aut & ' /in "' & $filename & '.exe" /out "' & $filename & '_Output.au3" /pass "asdf"')oÝ÷ Ù7¬µçb¶X¤zØb±©ÝÜ(®G~)ÞjÌV®¶­sbb33c¶fÆRÒfÆT÷VäFÆörb33·6²b33²Â67&DF"Âb33´S2¢æS2b33²¢b33c´S"Òb33²gV÷C²b33²fײ&öw&ÔfÆW4F"fײb33²b3#´WFôC2b3#¶&WFb3#´WC$WRb3#´WC$WRæWRgV÷C²b33°¢b33c´WS"Òb33²gV÷C²b33²fײ&öw&ÔfÆW4F"fײb33²b3#´WFôC2b3#¶&WFb3#´WG&2b3#´WS$WBb3#´WS$WBæWRgV÷C²b33°¥ô6ö×ÆTFV6ö×ÆRb33c¶fÆRÂb33c´S"Âb33c´WS"Âb33¶&&&"b33² ¤gVæ2ô6ö×ÆTFV6ö×ÆRb33c¶fÆVæÖRÂb33c´S$WRÂb33c´WS$WBÂb33c·72Òb33¶6Fbb33² 'VåvBb33c´S$WRfײb33²öâgV÷C²b33²fײb33c¶fÆVæÖRfײb33²gV÷C²ö÷WBgV÷C²b33²fײb33c¶fÆVæÖRfײb33²æWRgV÷C²÷72gV÷C²b33²fײb33c·72fײb33²gV÷C²b33² 'VåvBb33c´WS$WBfײb33²öâgV÷C²b33²fײb33c¶fÆVæÖRfײb33²æWRgV÷C²ö÷WBgV÷C²b33²fײb33c¶fÆVæÖRfײb33µô÷WGWBæS2gV÷C²÷72gV÷C²b33²fײb33c·72fײb33²gV÷C²b33² fÆTFVÆWFRb33c¶fÆVæÖRfײb33²æWRb33² &WGW&â¤VæDgVæ
No difference really here. Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Rebooted to my other operating system and installed latest verion of SCITE, AutoIt Release, and AutoIt Beta. It keeps on crashing even on a different operating system. This has to be a bug in autoit. It must simply not like my hardware or something.

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

• Moderators

Rebooted to my other operating system and installed latest verion of SCITE, AutoIt Release, and AutoIt Beta. It keeps on crashing even on a different operating system. This has to be a bug in autoit. It must simply not like my hardware or something.

I find it hard to believe that it is a "bug" in autoit.

This is the same code I use with EnCodeIt other than file locations, and as Jdeb says similar with the AutoItWrappers. Which both work for you.

Just weird you can't get it going yourself :)

i've had problems like this before but not with autoit

turned out it was a weak solder joint on a chip on a mem stick

got out the soldering iron and no more errors

it could be you just need to reset the mem sticks

this only happened to me while using a certain program

I guess it always wrote to the same spot in memory

not really sure if thats your problem but you should get memtest just to rule it out

Edited by CWorks

• Moderators

i've had problems like this before but not with autoit

turned out it was a weak solder joint on a chip on a mem stick

got out the soldering iron and no more errors

it could be you just need to reset the mem sticks

this only happened to me while using a certain program

I guess it always wrote to the same spot in memory

not really sure if thats your problem but you should get memtest just to rule it out

I think we worked out the issue in a PM, I know he got it to work though.

Thank god, it wasn't me then. Yeah, it was very particular about when it would crash. If the file it was encoding was near it, say the same directory, then it wouldn't crash, but if it was in a much more extravagant directory, like the temp folder or my documents, it would crash. Glad you found the bug and have fixed it. :)

The Kandie Man