Window Not Recognized

DuncanM

After launching an HTTPS connection via _IECreate, the device I am connecting to comes up with a "Client Authentication" window, prompting me to accept the certificate. The problem I am running into is that the program is not recognizing the "Client Authentication" window, even though it is the active window - so the end result is that I can't get past this screen (even if I just send a return, which works when you do it interactively but not in the script). Any ideas?

please supply a short and complete example of code that reproduces the problem.

LAr.

----------------------------

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("https://192.168.100.1")

WinWaitActive("Client Authentication", "The Website you want to view")

ControlSend("Client Authentication", "OK", 1)

---------------------------

I have tried just waiting a second and sending an Enter to the program, but that doesn't seem to work either - for whatever reason, it's just not letting me interact with this window?? Thanks!

need a screenshot... I guess...

Lar.

Unfortunately this is on a standalone system at the moment, so I can't provide one. Are there any known issues with AutoIT and popup windows? The AutoIT Active Window program detects it just fine, but I can't get AutoIT itself to send input to it..

• Moderators

Oh how I agree with Larry, it's amazing how secretive projects are that people that ask for help, can't or are unwilling to provide the information necessary to actually help them.

Things to maybe look at:

Opt('WinSearchChildren')

ClassNameNN rather than Control ID

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hi, I've the very same problem that originated this thread...

..as finally the investigation stopped because of no posting code..

find here my "troubled" one..

#include <IE.au3> 
$oIE = _IECreate ("http://uk.msn.com/#", 0, 1, 1, -1)
$oForm = _IEFormGetcollection ($oIE, 0)
_IELinkClickByText ($oIE, "Make this your homepage")
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
ControlClick("Página de inicio","¿Desea establecer","Button2")

Title and text of ControlClick command to be changed according to the national OS

Tried to play with Focus and other and functions but no success in giving a "no" to the message window.

Any idea of where I'm failing?

This is the screenshot

post-16251-1159459607_thumb.jpg

Hi, continuing my search in historical posts I found other people with the same problem but still not found a solution..

anyway .... here a couple of links could be useful

by Larry

by DaleHohm

have to think about those...

It's really difficult to hit an historical post with the solution to a problem...

¿does anyone have a shorcut? :)

Edited by aio

It's really difficult to hit an historical post with the solution to a problem...

Thanks. I agree..I haven't had any luck finding any posts with the same issue and a solution either. You would think this would be a common task! Hopefully it's just something we're overlooking, but I've tried a ton of things so far..

• Moderators

I'm still stuck on this - specifically with dialog boxes (such as OK, CANCEL). How can this be worked around? I've tried ControlClick, Send, and nothing works...

Through this whole thread, you've managed to show "nothing" of what you've tried and what hasn't worked for you :lmao:

Did you try the basics?

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
Dim $Continue = True;If $Continue = True then it will (should if it's default) click the Continue or Ok button

While 1
    If WinExists('classname=#32770') Then
        If $Continue Then
            Send('{ENTER}')
        Else
            Send('{TAB}{ENTER}')
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Through this whole thread, you've managed to show "nothing" of what you've tried and what hasn't worked for you :lmao:

Did you try the basics?

Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
Dim $Continue = True;If $Continue = True then it will (should if it's default) click the Continue or Ok button

While 1
    If WinExists('classname=#32770') Then
        If $Continue Then
            Send('{ENTER}')
        Else
            Send('{TAB}{ENTER}')
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd
Smoke - I tried it, still no luck. No matter what keystrokes I send, it doesn't seem to detect the window's there at all. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I'm working in IE?

Since a screenshot was requested, I should point out that the problem I am having is the same as the shot that AIO posted. Based on this, do you have any other ideas as to what could be causing the problem? I'm getting desperate here..

:lmao:

• Moderators

Since a screenshot was requested, I should point out that the problem I am having is the same as the shot that AIO posted. Based on this, do you have any other ideas as to what could be causing the problem? I'm getting desperate here..

:lmao:

I went to http://uk.msn.com/# and received a popup, I ran the above option I gave you and it worked fine.

• Moderators

And that does us...... um.... what good?

Edit:

2 questions, and I think until those are answered to satisfaction, I won't be helping much here anymore.

1. Why won't you give a site so someone can test it?

2. Why are you trying to "Automatically" accepting certificates?

Edited by SmOke_N

And that does us...... um.... what good?

Larry had asked for screen shots - as I said, I've tried everything I can think of - ControlClick("Client Authentication", "OK", "Button2") (also used the ID), Send("{ENTER}"), Send("{TAB}{ENTER}"), etc. Nothing has worked. I cannot get AutoIT to interact with these windows at all. The only commonality I can see is that they're all classname #32770. I'm not sure what other information to give you, other than screenshots, explaining the problem, and explaining what I've tried..

• Moderators

Larry had asked for screen shots - as I said, I've tried everything I can think of - ControlClick("Client Authentication", "OK", "Button2") (also used the ID), Send("{ENTER}"), Send("{TAB}{ENTER}"), etc. Nothing has worked. I cannot get AutoIT to interact with these windows at all. The only commonality I can see is that they're all classname #32770. I'm not sure what other information to give you, other than screenshots, explaining the problem, and explaining what I've tried..

Larry was hoping for "something", didn't mean it would solve the tale. You've provided nothing but cloak and dagger antics.

Read my edit.

The whole purpose of this script is to automatically configure a browser-based device - that is why there is not site I can give you to test with. The answer to the second question is the same as the first - this is a trusted device and we want to automatically accept the certs. Both of these are IE dialog boxes, which is why I'm puzzled as to why no one has had this issue before.