Analyze clipboard info?

Allen

Hello everyone. I need some help on how to code my script to analyze what is in the clipboard (got there via Ctrl-Copy), and look for any number with exactly 9 digits in it (an account number). Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks for all your help!

Can you tell what exactly you are copying this stuff from? Is is a web page, a word document, or what? Have you written anything so far, i would like to add to it if you have instead of starting from scratch. The more detail you give us, the better we can make the script. It is hard to make something when you don't have all the facts for what it is supposed to do.

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

maybe something like this:

$str = StringSplit(ClipGet(), " ")
if (IsArray($str)) Then
    For $i = 1 to $str[0]
        if (StringLen($str[$i]) == 9) Then
            MsgBox(0, "", $str[$i])
        Else
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
    Next
Else
EndIf

Puts any 9 letter words in a message box.

Thanks for that code.... well... what I'm trying to do is... automate cancelling people's accounts. So what happens is they send emails, that either I can process or I can't process. If I can process it, I then have to alt-tab which activates the window of another little interface where I then type in the 9 digit account number that is located somewhere in the message (sometimes customers don't provide account numbers, in which case I would reroute to another email pool), then press enter. And i want to be able to just press the NUMPAD1 to press Control-A (to highlight everything), then Control C to copy to clipboard. Then shuffle everything in the clipboard through a string until I find a string with 9 digits. The only little thing I see wrong with the awesome code posted right before this message is that it won't catch if say there are some letters or colon then inbetween is the 9 digit number... Such as asdf123456789asdfgh or :123456789. Hmm,, thanks again for ur great expertise =)

Func _DoIt($string)
    $str = StringSplit($string, " ")
    For $i = 1 to $str[0]
        For $j = 32 to 47
            $str[$i] = StringReplace($str[$i], Chr($j), "", StringLen($str[$i]))
        Next
        For $k = 58 to 255
            $str[$i] = StringReplace($str[$i], Chr($k), "", StringLen($str[$i]))
        Next
    Next
    local $ret_string
    For $i = 1 to $str[0]
        if (StringLen($str[$i]) == 9) Then
            Return $str[$i]
        Else
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
    Next
    Return -1
EndFunc

; example

$test = _DoIt("t124h532124is 93958 jf349 dks03958")

MsgBox(0, "", $test)

Hopefully this helps you :)

The best thing to do is to use StringRegExp.

$ClipboardData = ClipGet()

$RegExp = StringRegExp ($ClipboardData, "(\d{9})", 1)

If IsArray ($RegExp) Then
    MsgBox (0, "Number", $RegExp[0])
EndIf
Edited by CoePSX

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

The best thing to do is to use StringRegExp.

$ClipboardData = ClipGet()

$RegExp = StringRegExp ($ClipboardData, "(\d{9})", 1)

If IsArray ($RegExp) Then
    MsgBox (0, "Number", $RegExp[0])
EndIf
Hmm, that is so awesome ... but one last tiny little problem. I need it to catcH ONLY 9 numbers... so let's say the email has the message along the lines of "Hello. My account number is :12345334342342:."

How do I test the entire string for ONLY 9 numbers and no more and no less. If it doesn't find anything, then of course the @Extended will return a 0. Thanks!

• 5 years later...

I bet this is been solved already since this thread is 5 years ago...

I am just adding this for future reference for whoever visit this page...

$ClipBoard = ClipGet()
If (StringRegExp($ClipBoard, "^d{9}$")) Then
MsgBox("", "ClipBoard", "9 digits is copied to ClipBoard: " & $ClipBoard)
Else
MsgBox("", "ClipBoard", "ClipBoard is not 9 digits")
EndIf
Edited by ce526