virtual desktops

smstroble

Bah!

ok so here is what i'm doing.

I found a nice little program called cool desk. It switches the wallpaper when you select a new desktop AND switched you local desktop folder. So all you icons are gone except ones in C:\Documents and settings\allusers\desktop and the defaults like the recycling bin. You can put new icons on the desk top and when you switch back to your fist desktop the old icons are there, and vice versa. however i dont like the GUI, and would like make it a bit more user frendly (dont really like the $25 price tag either).

Any way was going to make my own prog using auto it but i cannot find a way to switch the desktop folder and refresh the active desktop, been looking at Dll calls as that works for switching the desktop ,DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo", "int", 20, "int", 0, "string", @WindowsDir & "\wallpaper" & $currdesktop & ".bmp", "int", 0x01).

But the best ive been able to find is it will likely look like

DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo", "int", set desktop dir constant, "int", 0, "string", @appdatadir & "\virtualdesktop\desktop" & $currdesktop, "int", 0x01)

but i cant figure out what the set desktop dir constant is... any help?

MUHAHAHAHAHA

hmm close but not quite. the desktop items stay the same when i switch the desktops. trying to make it so that each desktop has its own unique(sp?) desktop items. for instance i could have one desktop as my programming desktop which is littered with IDE's shortcuts compiler shortcuts, source code ect. and a gaming desktop covered in shotcuts to my games.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA