How to get the result from a Dos command

xManh

I'm fairly sure you may get a return of 1 or 0 by running @ComSpec directly.

$result = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $command, "", @SW_HIDE)
MsgBox(0, '', $result)
oÝ÷ Ø&uø¥z)Ü¢jZ®+(Ƨ­ën®{Ú®)à{oj[&®éçxr¦jwDv+B×âçë­ën®{Úç¬mì¨ÛazX¦ÚÑ©Ý×ú®¢×¶§Áó槵§Y¨­{-y§h}§N«zÛ«ö¥¹çë¢dn+-êk¡Ç¬°è~Ø^
¥ç¢{(êk¡Ç¬²)íç±jjexò¢ë¬y§Y¨­¶§ÚÞ¶êç²Ø^zºè®W¯zWë¢kayÊ&©ÝJ¨¹Æ§~ÞÅ©©è¶Ø^zºè®W¯zWë¢cDMDjëh×6$ExtCmd = "NET USE X: \\MyServer\MyShare * /USER:MyUser /PERSISTENT:NO"
$RetCode = RunWait($ExtCmd, @TempDir, @SW_MINIMIZE)
If $RetCode = 0 Then
     MsgBox(64, "Success", "Successfully mapped X: drive.")
Else
     MsgBox(16, "Error", "Error mapping X: drive, ERRORLEVEL = " & $RetCode)
EndIf

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks for recommendation MHz

You still haven't said what $command was in your first example. If it outputs some kind of status to StdOut, then you can use Run() with $STDOUT_CHILD and the StdOutRead() function. Just another option... :)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 2 weeks later...

You still haven't said what $command was in your first example. If it outputs some kind of status to StdOut, then you can use Run() with $STDOUT_CHILD and the StdOutRead() function. Just another option... :lmao:

Heh...I like the stdout option, but have found an issue with it. Say your running the command 'findstr', and the file you are doing the search on does not contain the string you are looking for, a race condition is created. I've yet to find an elegant way around this, but I am still very new to autoit.