Question

AceLoc

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he must have picked up those skills somewhere and I bet he didn't try this on his own network pc's only :)

If you see a homeless person on the street and he asks you for some bread, do you go to the supermarket to steal a bread for that person? You don't...

wat wil stellen?

English: where do you wanna go with that question?

[quote name='AceLoc']I gots new sunglasses there cool.[/quote]

I'm trying to explain to you that breaking the law is wrong no matter what purpose it is for. :)

But is hacking for a good purpose breaking a law? If the dutch dude was just trying to help (and probably tyring to practice his hacking skills) it doesn't make sense to prosectute him. It's like telling a homeless person to go to the lady next door who gives out free bread.

Edit: Would hacking for the purpose of improvement on security be considered genuine hacking?

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

But is hacking for a good purpose breaking a law? If the dutch dude was just trying to help (and probably tyring to practice his hacking skills) it doesn't make sense to prosectute him. It's like telling a homeless person to go to the lady next door who gives out free bread.

Edit: Would hacking for the purpose of improvement on security be considered genuine hacking?

hacking isnt legal, and never will be.. for good intensions or bad doesnt matter its against the law's :)

Would hacking for the purpose of improvement on security be considered genuine hacking?

The problem is determining the motivation behind the hack. If you can truly say someone had the intention of doing good by hacking, you should not prosecute him. Getting the motivation behind it is very difficult (No eye-witnesses :)) and therefore hacking is illegal no matter what motivation.

Edit: In my opinion at least..

Edited by Manadar

The problem is determining the motivation behind the hack. If you can truly say someone had the intention of doing good by hacking, you should not prosecute him. Getting the motivation behind it is very difficult (No eye-witnesses :)) and therefore hacking is illegal no matter what motivation.

Edit: In my opinion at least..

I am glad you stated that, that is your opinion. There is actually a White Hat certification for hacking. I can guarantee you it isnt illegal, unless you are imposing on the freedoms of others with your knowledge.

Just like having a gun isnt illegal, until you use it in a way that infringes anothers freedom.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I am glad you stated that, that is your opinion. There is actually a White Hat certification for hacking. I can guarantee you it isnt illegal, unless you are imposing on the freedoms of others with your knowledge.

Just like having a gun isnt illegal, until you use it in a way that infringes anothers freedom.

JS

ye.. but can we stop bumping this topic now :)

make a topic about this in the "Chat" thingy

Thnk