InstallShield Issue

bourny

I am having problems with installShield -I have seen this with 3 installations in the past I have scripted and worked around it but I am wondering if anyone knows a fix or have seen this before.

Example .

Installation for a package scripted to run throught the install

InstallShield reaches the window for browsing to the directory where you want to install.

Heres where the problem is - I am guessing it is down to a buggy version of install shield but correct me if I am wrong .. The window that you activate to send the path for install files keeps deactivating.

If you run the install without scripts it does the same thing ..... no matter how many times you reclick the window it deactivates after a second. The way I work around this is by speeding up the delays on send and window keys - I somethimes have to use an adlib to keep the window active while I send commands to the window.

This is very annoying - I am not looking for a workaround I am only asking if anyone has seen this and know why it happens.

My current install that displays these symptoms is file version 6.10 - not sure if this version is for InstallShield it

Thanks

Bourny.

Hi,

did you try to use ControlSend to get it done even if the window isn't active?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

did you try to use ControlSend to get it done even if the window isn't active?

So long,

Mega

I can work around the problem - Just interested to know if anyone knows what causes this and if there is a fix to the OS to stop this from occuring - saves me having to identify if an install is going to do this if the problem is fixed or patched in the beginning

Thanks

This is really Wiered Larry - I have installation packages for every application suite used on my builds but only a V.small proportion of them suffer from this issue and it is only InstallShield that does this .... Yet some installshields work perfectly well...

I am comming to the conclusion that there is a buggy version of installshield out there..

Thanks