Disable ctrl+alt+del

kp3

@Manadar, do not think that just because your above script sends the CTRL+ALT+DEL sequence to the active window that this proves/disproves a hardware interrupt. The active window could care less what you are sending it if that window does not accept those keys.

For reference, I am able to correctly and completely disable CTRL+ALT+DEL, because for CTRL+ALT+DEL to work correctly, it has to be recignised and recieved by an application (in this case winlogon). Do not persist in believing that CTRL+ALT+DEL is a portion of the bus, motherboard, keyboard, or otherwise (although any or all of these are/can be used in sending these keys). The sequence is sent to winlogon as a set of keys held down and is reacted upon by that same winlogon. If winlogon is no longer running, then neither can CTRL+ALT+DEL function.

I also know of a way to circumvent winlogon itself from even so much as running, but I don't go around posting how-tos on this in message boards because of the idiots who would use it for anything but good.

Take it from someone who has experience. It is possible to disable it from inside of windows. No, I will not post it here because it is not a thing I would want the script kiddies to grab a hold of and try to ruin someone else's computer.

For everyone else, I will simply say that you should not be disabling CTRL+ALT+DEL and leave it at that.

Who else would I be?

yes you can disable Ctrl+Alt+Del, just edit winlogon, using reshacker, or some other 32bit win app editor...

but thats not wut this forum is about so, here's my version, for easier script use...

HotKeySet("{F9}", "End")
While 1
Sleep(1)
If ProcessExists("Taskmgr.exe") Then
ProcessClose("Taskmgr.exe")
EndIf
Wend
Func End()
Exit
EndFunc