problems using GUIRegisterMSG twice

ramadash

ok I use GUIRegisterMessage on 2 script, they both run at the same time.

the first time the first script is executed it works, the first time the second script is executed it works.

but the 2nd time the first script is executed it dosent work and I am really starting to get clueless as the "why" it dosent work.

the first script register:

$CMD_CallWrapper = 10000
GUIRegisterMsg($CMD_CallWrapper, "CallWrapper" )

the second script register:

$CMD_CallWrapper = 10002
GUIRegisterMsg($CMD_CallWrapper, "CallWrapper" )

it looks like the 2nd register overwrite the first one.. but message ID's are differents so I don't see why it would do this (I dont have much experience of windows messaging, not to say none at all). Also I was not able to test if the 2nd script receive message works the 2nd time because I need the first script to work in order for the 2nd one to start again.

I also tryied to re-register the first script each time befor it start's but there was absolutly no difference at all.

Any help would be very appreciated thanks you in advance.

Could you provide a more elaborate sample? My PostMessage sample seems to work with several scripts open at the same time (tried with 4). I'm using Autoit-v3.2.1.4 on w2k.

If I set this up correctly, the only time it wouldn't work for me is when it can't differentiate between the scripts. When both scripts had unique names it worked, even if both used $CMD_CallWrapper = 10000 and both had functions named CallWrapper().

I used these names to test:

main.exe

$mygui = GuiCreate( "myTest", 1, 1)

main2.exe

$mygui = GuiCreate( "cow", 1, 1)

Hope this helps!