How do I launch a .lnk

sstanfie

Hello. I'm attempting to launch the following shortcut (among other things) in my AutoIt script:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Gaim\Gaim.lnk

This is how I'm trying it:

Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Programs\Gaim\Gaim.lnk", "")

I'm using /k instead of /c so I can see the error in the cmd window, which says 'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

This works fine:

Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & '"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Gaim\Gaim.lnk"', "")

but, I don't want to hardcode the path... I need to use the @ProgramsCommonDir marco. I know the above example works because the whole path (which has spaces) is enclosed in quotes.

Also, I tried running the .lnk directly, without using @ComSpec, but it didn't work.

I know the macro @ProgramsCommonDir resolves to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs, but it's apparently not enclosed in quotes, which is why I'm getting the error 'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

What is the best way for me to execute this shortcut? FYI - I have to run the shortcut, not the .exe that the shortcut points to, because it's an MSI advertised shortcut and there are HKCU entries that get created by running the advertised shortcut.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Scott

Hi,

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c gaim.lnk', @DesktopCommonDir, @SW_HIDE)

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Try this:

Run(@ComSpec & " /c start " & @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Programs\Gaim\Gaim.lnk")

Damn, Paulie beat me.

With this, I get a window that pops up that says "Windows cannot find 'C:\Documents'. I think it's because C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs (which is from @ProgramsCommonDir) is not in quotes. But, I can't put quotes around @ProgramsCommonDir because it'll be treated as literate text, instead of the macro.

Thanks,

Scott