moving window to secondary monitor

lawson23

I'm a beginner scripter that has done a few of these and I must say this is really a great application thank you.

Now for my question. I have this script that starts an EXE and does some things in the APP.

My problem is the exe automatically starts in the Primary Monitor window not the Secondary. I can move it and it will always restart still in the Primary window. This happens if I use the autoit script or if it just execute the application.

See the secondary monitor is moving (reason for this script) to a location that is not visible from the mouse. This prevents us from being able to move it manually.

The APP executes in Full Screen and if I can't add something to the execution to start in the second monitor I guess I would need to 'Restore Down' and move the window bar and 'Maximize'.

Edited by lawson23

Hi,

I cannot test it right now, but did you do it manually and record it? Maybe it works.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Does Autoit have a something like a macro record ability? I'm unaware of this. I will look and see if I can find something giving me the info I need for this.

I just looked and don't see this ability anywhere. I must be missing something.

Ok I found this:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...criptWriter.htm

but when I hit alt +f6 nothing happens.

Edited by lawson23

Hi,

download Scite and then use Alt+F6 look for Au3record.

So long,

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

The record function worked and is a great thing to have. I was always trying to figure out the commands I needed this makes things so much easier because it gives me the command to use and then I can tweak it.

At first I was trying to use the mouse and thought of a hundred different issues with this. IE if the screen resolution changes on the first monitor.

Then I thought of min and max keyboard strokes that exist. Here is what I have so far and going to test:

Send("{ALTDOWN}{SPACE}{ALTUP}r")
Send("{ALTDOWN}{SPACE}{ALTUP}m")
Send("{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{RIGHT}{ENTER}")
Send("{ALTDOWN}{SPACE}{ALTUP}x")

Does anyone know of a better way to move the screen using the keyboard than what I have shown?

Edited by lawson23

Hi,

maybe

Send("!{SPACE}r!{SPACE}m{RIGHT 9}{ENTER}!{SPACE}x")

So long,

Mega