Windows Driver Compatibility Prompt

Hi everyone,

Please be gentle on me since I am still trying to familiarize myself with AutoIt. I was wondering if anyone has used it to select 'yes' when the windows driver compatibility comes up or something similar to this. I have played around with the application but can't seem to get it working correctly. I'm sure I am doing something wrong and that this is an embarrasingly easy task. Basically I have some IP printer packages I am creating to install printers on machines. (I am using a different product for this) The only hang up is when that Windows Driver Compatibility prompt comes up and I have to tell it to continue. I was hopinh to use AutoIt for this task and incorporate a .exe AutoIt script into my pacakge. I welcome any advice I can get. Thank you.

-Brian

• Developers

Brain, did you check the window information with AU3_Spy.exe ? (check the helpfile for information on Using AutoIT\Window titles...)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Well,

I have been poking around a bit more. I think I am getting closer to a resolution. Basically the Windows Driver Compatibility box that pops up is named "Hardware Installation" The option for it at the bottom are 'Continue Anyway' or Stop Installation'. Stop installation is already selected by default so all I have to do is arrow to the left and then hit enter. Here is a copy of the script below I have created, but I think I still have something a bit off?

BlockInput, ON

WinWait, Hardware Installation

WinActivate, Hardware Installation

WinWaitActive, Hardware Installation

Send, {LEFT} {ENTER}

BlockInput, OFF

Edited by BrianSimon

• Developers

This is version 2 code .... maybe you want to ckeckout version 3 and using the control functions?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I give up. :huh2: I have tried that AutoIt reveal mode but I guess I just don't understand how to use the information it provides. As far as newer code, I don't have a clue where to even start. I keep thinking that this should be like a 60 second package to throw together but I keep hitting road blocks. :D

• Developers

Well, i think it would help you when you download the Version3 and install it.

Then look at the helpfile which has a section on "Using Autoit" with subsections:

"AutoIt window Spy", "Windows..." and "Controls"

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I highly recommend version 3 if you are new to AutoIt.

Anyway, you probably want the AdLib function. Here's a sample script in version 3 syntax:

AdlibEnable ( "getRidOfAnnoyingWindow", 500);check every half-second

; body of script goes here
; ....
; end of script
Exit

Func getRidOfAnnoyingWindow()
   If WinActive("Hardware Installation") Then
      ControlClick("Hardware Installation","", "Button1")
   EndIf
EndFunc
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

If you're forced to work with a bunch of already existing AutoIt 2 scripts*, (and you're not allowed to swap to AutoIt 3 (My boss: "No you won't get an AFE for that, and btw, a SWR won't be accepted as well"), and cause you're a slave of shareholders which let bean count the minutes you'd need to get things sorted out, you can use AutoHotkey to be backward compatible while getting an idea of the advanced features of AutoIt 3 (cause in this case the Control commands are included in AutoHotkey too).

IMHO, it makes sense to use AutoIt 3 for new scripts and if you've to start from scratch, were it doesn't matter to leave the "old things" behind, but in some cases you're not enforced to act like you want (just for those who want to start a flaming session :huh2: )

-----

* As an old fashioned band (WeatherReport) has advised in a song:

"Don't change horses in the middle of the stream" :D