Problem with autoit-v3.2.0.1

vickerps

Hi

I have problems with Autoit-v3.2.0.1. I have a script that i written in Autoit-v3.1.0 and now that i have installed this new version it no longer works.

I think the problem is with autoit running the vbs script after it writes it.

I came to this conclusion by running the script then editing the script so that it does not rewrite the .vbs file just run the previously created ones. Then when when you run the script again it works.

Could it be somthing to do with the file close command not closing the file. I have tried tweaking it by putting a sleep(5000) between closing the file and running it but still no joy. anyone have any idea's

#INCLUDE <Process.au3>

NameChange("Paul")
IPCHANGE("110.1.1.1","255.255.255.0","110.1.1.254","Paul")

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
FUNC NameChange($ComputerName)

SplashTextOn ( "", "Please Wait... Changing ComputerName",240, 85, -1, -1,1,"",18)
    Sleep(2000)     
            $Name = $ComputerName & "_Name.VBS"

FileOpen ($Name,2)

FileWrite($Name,'strComputer = "."' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Name,'Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Name,'Set colComputers = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem")' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Name,'   For Each objComputer in colComputers' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Name,'       ObjComputer.Rename("' & $ComputerName & '")' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Name,'   Next' & @CRLF)

FileClose ($Name)

_RunDOS($ComputerName & "_Name.VBS")
    SplashOff()
ENDFUNC

FUNC IPCHANGE($I,$S,$G,$ComputerName)

SplashTextOn ( "", "Please Wait... Changing IP",240, 85, -1, -1,1,"",18)
    Sleep(2000)                     
        $Network =$ComputerName & "_IP.VBS"

FileOpen ($Network,2)

FileWrite($Network,'strComputer = "."' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Network,'Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Network,'Set colNetAdapters = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration where IPEnabled=TRUE")' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Network,'    For Each objNetAdapter in colNetAdapters' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Network,'        IP = objNetAdapter.EnableStatic(Array("' & $I & '"),Array("' & $S & '"))' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Network,'        Gateway = objNetAdapter.SetGateways(Array("' & $G & '"),Array(1))' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($Network,'    Next' & @CRLF)

FileClose ($Network)

_RunDOS($ComputerName & "_IP.VBS")

SplashOff() 
ENDFUNC
Edited by vickerps

Can't test because the PC i am on does not have AutoIt , but it might help to know that Autoit now natively supports COM. This means that you most likely would not even need to call a VBS.

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

• Administrators

You are not using fileopen and fileclose correctly

$handle = FileOpen ($Name,2)

FileWrite($handle,'strComputer = "."' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($handle,'Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($handle,'Set colComputers = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem")' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($handle,' For Each objComputer in colComputers' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($handle,'     ObjComputer.Rename("' & $ComputerName & '")' & @CRLF)
            FileWrite($handle,' Next' & @CRLF)

FileClose ($handle)

Thanks lads for your replies

Jon that works great thanks.

So can this be done directly through autoit now using COM. I am no programer and i am currently reading the websites it mentions in the help file about using the COM side of autoit but i think it going to take some time.