Problem closing GUI

strate

I'm having a problem. I cannot get the "Settings" GUI to close. All of the attached files are needed for it.

I've verified that the controls exist and that the script is in the proper loop. The problem has to be with GUICtrlSetOnEvent() but I don't see it.

_ControlHover.au3 is a include file.

GUI_Problem.zip

INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

GLAD to see _ControlHover() in action and seems to work fine.... 8)

I have seen this before situation before in the forums....

there seems to be a problem with on-event-mode and a second GUI

I have tried many things on your script, moving the setup-gui to create at first then have the function "show" the GUI, i tried making it a child to the main GUI...

nothing worked... Guess you need to go to GUIGetMsg() and remove the on-event-mode

sorry

8)

BTW... if you see _ControlHover working well for you please bump my thread for others to see

thx

Valuater

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

GLAD to see _ControlHover() in action and seems to work fine.... 8)

I have seen this before situation before in the forums....

there seems to be a problem with on-event-mode and a second GUI

I have tried many things on your script, moving the setup-gui to create at first then have the function "show" the GUI, i tried making it a child to the main GUI...

nothing worked... Guess you need to go to GUIGetMsg() and remove the on-event-mode

sorry

8)

BTW... if you see _ControlHover working well for you please bump my thread for others to see

thx

Valuater

Thanks I tried all of that also. I don't enjoy the idea to using GUIGetMsg, doesn't seem to "professional". Your udf was/is awesome, but when I implemented it here I felt as though something could have been improved. I'll take another look and then bump it.
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

Maybe instead of using GUIGetMsg() you could have a tabbed panel, and have a settings page rather than a settings window. Then, I assume, the on event approach would work because you only have one form.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

From a n00bs breif look at your prob , I can get your settings window to hide and show fine , but I break the hover function to do it.. but I only spent 2 mins to look , and didn't actually see why it hangs at the exitloop..

But settings window now dissappears when close or eventclose is clicked.

Will have a look at it a bit more (for fun) and see where it goes wrong.

your now screwed/tampered with script attached..lol