tiny question...

Kickassjoe

nevermind, I got it.

o, I was a little too late on that one... :P

Hi Kickassjoe,

:)

I do'nt know the forum etiquette as I'm a newbee but I make 2 remarks

1) the text of your initial question 'tiny question' does'nt help at all for somebody looking at the forum the problems that are to be resolved. You need to enter the post to see it. To get maximum help please describe in the subject your problem e.g. : how get the window always on top?

2) You say after that you got it

It would be of great interest for people searching for the same problem how you get it

The Autoit community is a community. The progress will come from all the forumers, each at his own level

Your opinion?

Hi Kickassjoe,

1) the text of your initial question 'tiny question' does'nt help at all for somebody looking at the forum the problems that are to be resolved. You need to enter the post to see it. To get maximum help please describe in the subject your problem e.g. : how get the window always on top?

It would be of great interest for people searching for the same problem how you get it

The Autoit community is a community. The progress will come from all the forumers, each at his own level

Your opinion?

QFT!

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Hi Kickassjoe,

crying.gif

Your opinion?

Seeing as how you think I care...

1. If you even cared what anyone in the forum had to say, you would look at posts that said they have a question/problem and not stated it in the title, if you were wanting to help someone.

2. If you had even read the entire topic you would know how to solve the problem..

I do'nt know the forum etiquette as I'm a newbee...

My thoughts exactly.

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.

Seeing as how you think I care...

1. If you even cared what anyone in the forum had to say, you would look at posts that said they have a question/problem and not stated it in the title, if you were wanting to help someone.

2. If you had even read the entire topic you would know how to solve the problem..

3. My thoughts exactly.

actually "the whole" topic that you are reffering to is the description. Maybe it would be better if you reversed them, not that "tiny question" helps anyone, but if you must put it somewhere it would go better as the description. the title itself should give us a quick overview in a few words of what the topic is about.

And believe me, you're not the only one, the only reason I'm posting in this thread in particular is because someone else mentioned it first.

edit: typo X 3 :)

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

I know, but the kid has 5 posts... It just made me mad.

EDIT: and the question got answered anyways. :)

??

so just because he has 5 posts, it makes you mad that he said something that you know is true? do you realize how stupid what you just said sounds?

I know, but the kid has 5 posts... It just made me mad.

EDIT: and the question got answered anyways. :P

Kick,

If I said I'm a newbee, it's about the AutoIt forum.

Otherwise, I'm 55

In the newsgroups the etiquette is quite like I describe it.

And it's only a remark, do'nt take it on the first degree (like we say in french)

Sorry, I wasn't really conentrating on what i was saying, i was mainly watching tv... o well... :)

EDIT: and this way... look at how many ppl have viewed this topic...100+, look at the topics where they did what you said... 15+...

Edited by Kickassjoe

EDIT: and this way... look at how many ppl have viewed this topic...100+, look at the topics where they did what you said... 15+...

Kick,

This is precisely what I said about the topic title.

Imagine you are a PowerUser in AutoIt and you're on the forum.

If you see in the title what's this stuff about, you know at once if you can help or not. So you enter if you're able to put a brick in the wall.

So the're more opportunities to help someone as this PowerUser is not a Robot and has limited time

Now imagine you're a newbie in AutoIt. You're going on the forum to know solutions to problems you have. Even if you want to make a search with keywords, you may say :"let's have a look at what's goin on !".

If the topics aren't descriptive you're waisting time entering topics you are not interested in. The simple fact to enter make the number of viewers grow, that's all. But as the newbie has limited time, he will have the taste of not learning quickly doing that. The risk is that he quits the forum and also AutoIt.

The aim of the forum is to bring help, not to catch Mickey's tail (I talk about v3support)

honestly

:lmao:

But as the newbie has limited time, he will have the taste of not learning quickly doing that. The risk is that he quits the forum and also AutoIt.

If you look at one post that doesn't help you and then you quit Autoit, then maybe, just maybe, programming is not for you. It took me a while to learn the basics of autoit, but I did not give up. I hate it when people quit things when they aren't as easy as they would like, life takes determination.