Auto3Lib

PaulIA

ok paulIA, i'm really sorry to waste your time, maybe something else that i change make the diference,

i'm now to busy putting my script working, but after that i well see if can reproduce the situation.

I'm implementing a driver for automation equipment, lot's of binary conversions, maybe some other thing

get in the way, i really think that was this functions, i can see now that was not, i change others things as well.

tkz for the attencion, and sorry once more.

Edited by Kram3r

To all the Devs: Thkx for AutoIt To all Mods: Thkx for the quality forum

ok paulIA, i'm really sorry to waste your time, maybe something else that i change make the diference,

i'm now to busy putting my script working, but after that i well see if can reproduce the situation.

I'm implementing a driver for automation equipment, lot's of binary conversions, maybe some other thing

get in the way, i really think that was this functions, i can see now that was not, i change others things as well.

tkz for the attencion, and sorry once more.

No problem. Let me know if you do spot something.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Description ...: Sets the text in the specified part
; Parameters ....: $hWnd        - Handle to the control
;                  $iPart       - Zero based part index
;                  $sText       - Part text
;                  $uFlag       - Type of drawing operation. The type can be one of the following values:
;                  |0               - The text is drawn with a border to appear lower than the plane of the window
;                  |$SBT_NOBORDERS  - The text is drawn without borders
;                  |$SBT_OWNERDRAW  - The text is drawn by the parent window
;                  |$SBT_POPOUT     - The text is drawn with a border to appear higher than the plane of the window
;                  |$SBT_RTLREADING - The text will be displayed in the opposite direction to the text in the parent window
; Return values .: Success      - True
;                  Failure      - False
; Author ........: Paul Campbell (PaulIA)
; Modified.......: Gary Frost (gafrost)
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......: _Status_GetText
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _Status_SetText($hWnd, $iPart, $sText, $uFlag = 0)
    Local $iBuffer, $pBuffer, $tBuffer, $pMemory, $tMemMap, $iResult

$iBuffer = StringLen($sText) + 1
    $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char Text[" & $iBuffer & "]")
    $pBuffer = DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer)
    DllStructSetData($tBuffer, "Text", $sText)
    If _Status_GetSimple($hWnd) Then $iPart = $SB_SIMPLEID
    If _Lib_InProcess ($hWnd, $ghSTLastWnd) Then
        $iResult = _API_SendMessage ($hWnd, $SB_SETTEXT, BitOR($iPart, $uFlag), $pBuffer)
    Else
        $pMemory = _Mem_CtrlInit ($hWnd, $iBuffer, $tMemMap)
        _Mem_CtrlWrite ($tMemMap, $pBuffer, $pMemory, $iBuffer)
        $iResult = _API_SendMessage ($hWnd, $SB_SETTEXT, BitOR($iPart, $uFlag), $pMemory)
        _Mem_CtrlFree ($tMemMap)
    EndIf
    Return $iResult <> 0
EndFunc   ;==>_Status_SetTextoÝ÷ Ù«­¢+ØìU9
Q%=8ôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôô(ìÍÉ¥ÁÑ¥½¸¸¸¸èIÑÉ¥ÙÌÑ¡Õ±½ÁÉÐ(ìAɵÑÉ̸¸¸¸èÀÌØí¡]¹´!¹±Ñ¼Ñ¡½¹Ñɽ°(ìÀÌØí¥AÉдiɼÍÁÉÐ¥¹à(ìIÑÕɸٱÕ̸èMÕÍÌ´QåÁ½ÉÝ¥¹½ÁÉÑ¥½¸¸Q¡ÑåÁ¸½¹½Ñ¡½±±½Ý¥¹Ù±ÕÌè(ìðÀ´Q¡ÑáÐ¥ÌÉÝ¸Ý¥Ñ ½ÉÈѼÁÁȱ½ÝÈÑ¡¸Ñ¡Á±¹½Ñ¡Ý¥¹½Ü(ìðÀÌØíM Q}9=    =IIL´Q¡ÑáÐ¥ÌÉݸݥѡ½ÕнÉÉÌ(ìðÀÌØíM   Q}=]9II´Q¡ÑáÐ¥ÌÉݸäÑ¡ÁɹÐÝ¥¹½Ü(ìðÀÌØíM  Q}A=A=UP´Q¡ÑáÐ¥ÌÉÝ¸Ý¥Ñ ½ÉÈѼÁÁÈ¡¥¡ÈÑ¡¸Ñ¡Á±¹½Ñ¡Ý¥¹½Ü(ìðÀÌØíM  Q}IQ1I%9´Q¡ÑáÐÝ¥±°¥ÍÁ±å¥¸Ñ¡½ÁÁ½Í¥Ñ¥ÉÑ¥½¸Ñ¼Ñ¡ÑáÐ¥¸Ñ¡ÁɹÐÝ¥¹½Ü(ìÕÑ¡½È¸¸¸¸¸¸¸¸èÉäɽÍСɽÍÐ(ìIµÉ­Ì¸¸¸¸¸¸¸è(ìI±Ñ¸¸¸¸¸¸¸è}MÑÑÕÍ}ÑQáѱ̰}MÑÑÕÍ}ÑQáÑ1¹Ñ (ìôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôô)Õ¹}MÑÑÕÍ}ÑQáÑ1¹Ñ¡à ÀÌØí¡]¹°ÀÌØí¥AÉФ(%IÑÕɸ}1¥}]½É¡}MÑÑÕÍ}ÑQáÑ±Ì ÀÌØí¡]¹°ÀÌØí¥AÉФ¤)¹Õ¹ìôôÐí}MÑÑÕÍ}ÑQáÑ1¹Ñ¡oÝ÷ Ù«­¢+Ø¥¹±Õ±ÐíÍ1MÑÑÕ̹ÔÌÐì()±½°ÀÌØí¡U$°ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕÌ°ÀÌØí¥5µ¼°ÀÌØí¥$)±½°ÀÌØíAÉÑÍlÑtõlÌ°ÜÔ°ÄÔÀ°´Åt((ì
ÉÑU$(ÀÌØí¡U$ôU%
ÉÑ ÅÕ½ÐíMÑÑÕÌ    ÈÅÕ½Ðì°ÐÀÀ°ÌÀÀ¤(ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕÌô}MÑÑÕÍ}
ÉÑ ÀÌØí¡U$°ÀÌØíM    Q}9=    =IIL¤((ì
Éѵµ¼½¹Ñɽ°(ÀÌØí¥5µ¼ôU%
Ñɱ
ÉѥРÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°È°È°ÌäØ°ÈÜаÀÌØí]M}YM
I=10¤)U%
ÑɱMѽ¹Ð ÀÌØí¥5µ¼°ä°ÐÀÀ°À°ÅÕ½Ðí
½ÕÉ¥È9ÜÅÕ½Ðì¤)U%MÑMÑÑ ¤((ìMÐÁÉÑÌ)}MÑÑÕÍ}MÑAÉÑÌ ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕÌ°ÀÌØíAÉÑ̤)}MÑÑÕÍ}MÑQáÐ ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕÌ°À°ÅÕ½ÐíAÉÐÄÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíM Q}A=A=UP¤)}MÑÑÕÍ}MÑQáÐ ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕÌ°Ä°ÅÕ½ÐíAÉÐÈÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíM  Q}9=    =IIL¤)}MÑÑÕÍ}MÑQáÐ ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕÌ°È°ÅÕ½ÐíAÉÐÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíM  Q}9=Q   AIM%9¤(((ìÐÑáÐ¥¹½ÉµÑ¥½¸)½ÈÀÌØí¥$ôÀѼ}MÑÑÕÍ}Ñ
½Õ¹Ð ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕ̤´Ä(5µ½]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½ÐíAÉÐÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØí¥$µÀìÅÕ½ÐìÑáб̸èÅÕ½ÐìµÀì}MÑÑÕÍ}ÑQáÑ±Ì ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕÌ°ÀÌØí¥$¤¤(5µ½]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½ÐíAÉÐÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØí¥$µÀìÅÕ½ÐìÑáб¹Ñ èÅÕ½ÐìµÀì}MÑÑÕÍ}ÑQáÑ1¹Ñ  ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕÌ°ÀÌØí¥$¤¤(5µ½]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½ÐíAÉÐÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØí¥$µÀìÅÕ½ÐìÑáб¹Ñ èÁàÅÕ½ÐìµÀì!à¡}MÑÑÕÍ}ÑQáÑ1¹Ñ¡à ÀÌØí¡MÑÑÕÌ°ÀÌØí¥$¤¤¤(5µ½]É¥Ñ ¤)¹áÐ((ì1½½Àչѥ°ÕÍÈá¥ÑÌ)¼)չѥ°U%Ñ5Í ¤ôÀÌØíU%}Y9Q}
1=M((ì]ɥѵÍÍѼµµ¼)Õ¹5µ½]É¥Ñ ÀÌØíÍ5ÍÍôÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì¤(U%
ÑɱMÑÑ ÀÌØí¥5µ¼°ÀÌØíÍ5Í͵Àì
I1°Ä¤)¹Õ¹

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

I don't want to complain but I would greatly appreciate it if you were to make this compatible with AutoIt's list/listview functions. As of now I am being forced to create a whole new script with just the functions I want and leaving out any variables that are previously declared in "#Include <GuiListView.au3>"

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I thought I would because I didn't find any mention of it in my brief search.

As for the solution (if I've made my problem clear) I would suggest just including the "#Include <GuiListView.au3>" in your script to include all the variables without having to have them in your own.

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

while running WNet example :

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Auto3Lib\WNet.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams    
+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.4
>Running AU3Check (1.54.7.0)  params:  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3
+>AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.2.4.9):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Auto3Lib\WNet.au3"    
_WNet_OpenEnum
  Result ...........: True
  Error ............: 0
  Handle ...........: 1505760

_WNet_EnumResource
  Result ...........: False
  Error ............: 487
  Count ............: -1

_WNet_CloseEnum
  Result ...........: True
  Error ............: 0

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.872

-- Arck System _ Soon -- Ideas make everything

"La critique est facile, l'art est difficile"

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

Hi all,

Is there a function in this libary that can retrievs the width for new label text? for example, i need to set new text for label/checkbox, this text can be longer or shorter then current one, but then i need to set new width for this control, so how i get the correct new lenght for changing that?

Thanks.

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Hi,

First, thanks to PaulIA for this great and powerful lib.

I am using the Event Logs functions to clear the event log and have a little problem when I don't want to backup the event log.

The library documentation says this in regard to _EventLog_Clear's parameters :

$hEventLog Handle to the event log

$sFileName The name of the backup file. If the name is blank, the current event log is not backed up.

What does "blank" mean in this context ? I assumed it was meaning an empty string like this "" as in many other languages. I am right about it being the same in AutoIt ?

When I pass such a blank string, the function doesn't work and the event log isn't cleared, but if I supply a valid filename, it works fine, but I don't want to make any backup of my event log when calling this function.

So, I've looked at the function implementation and the code is this :

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================

================
; Description ...: Clears the event log
; Parameters ....: $hEventLog   - Handle to the event log
;                 $sFileName   - The name of the backup file. If the name is blank, the current event log is not backed up.
; Return values .: Success    - True
;                 Failure     - False
; Author ........: Paul Campbell (PaulIA)
; Remarks .......: This function fails if the event log is empty or a file already exists with the same name as sFileName.  After
;                 this function returns, any handles that reference the cleared event log cannot be used to read the log.
; Related .......: _EventLog_Open
; ====================================================================================================

===========================
Func _EventLog_Clear($hEventLog, $sFileName)
  Local $aResult

$aResult = DllCall("AdvAPI32.dll", "int", "ClearEventLogA", "hwnd", $hEventLog, "str", $sFileName)
  Return SetError($aResult[0], 0, $aResult[0]<>0)
EndFunc

The MSDN function reference for the ClearEventLog functions states this :

lpBackupFileName

[in] The name of the backup file. If this file already exists, the function fails.

If the lpBackupFileName parameter is NULL, the current event log is not backed up.

The backup parameter is expecting a NULL when we do not want to backup the event log before clearing it, but the Auto3Lib function seems to be passing a pointer to an empty string, hence not NULL.

If I amend the AutoIT implementation like this (change last parameter type from str to int so I can pass a 0 (NULL) to it) :

Func _EventLog_Clear($hEventLog, $sFileName)
  Local $aResult

$aResult = DllCall("AdvAPI32.dll", "int", "ClearEventLogA", "hwnd", $hEventLog, "int", $sFileName)
  Return SetError($aResult[0], 0, $aResult[0]<>0)
EndFunc

and call it like this

$hEventLog = _EventLog_Open("", "Application")
_EventLog_Clear($hEventLog, 0)
_EventLog_Close($hEventLog)

then it works fine without doing any backup.

I could amend the function to check whether the backup filename string is empty and use the first DllCall or the second version of it depending on its value, but maybe there is a better way (I only really started using AutoIt yesterday) and if there is a bug, I think that everyone would like to get the fixed version, hence my post.

That said, maybe I didn't understand how this function should be called and doing a mistake somewhere ?

Thanks a lot in advance and keep up the good work,

Yusuke.

Edited by Yusuke

i've just read it too...

first of all, i'm really sad because you have giving me a new boost in my jobs when autoit wasn't enough to accomplished my goals and my wishes.

your work is really impressive and had learned me so much. I really have to progress on C++ to understand just half of your code, but i hope that one day,to have your skills.

i hope that AutoIt will progress again because you have proved it what it is capable of, and its limits to.

i don't know to say, but i really understand your choice, and i've always be frightened of that.

I've imposed AutoIt in my firm, but i'm the rare that use often use it, because of code decompile abilities.

It's everyday a hard day to prove to customers that autoit can do good things, and quickly, but it's hard to impose it to bigger customers that often use C# or VB.NET.

i hope too that one day, i can payback your investissment for helping me, and the others users of this forum.

i'll miss our pms about some complex found that you've always managed to make it work.

wish you a great life, hope to see you soon.

The Frenchy Young AutoIt Coder, Arcker

Edited by arcker

Projects :

[list] [*]Au3Service : Run your exe as service V3 / Updated 29/07/2013 Get it Here [/list]

Hi all,

Is there a function in this libary that can retrievs the width for new label text? for example, i need to set new text for label/checkbox, this text can be longer or shorter then current one, but then i need to set new width for this control, so how i get the correct new lenght for changing that?

Thanks.

Answer is GetTextExtentPoint32 API

Look here and here

For those of you interested, I had hoped to have things done before he left, wasn't supposed to be for about a month.

I've been working on merging his libraries into the UDFs.

Here's what I have done so far (not including documentation):

• DateTime Picker
  • Image Lists
  • IPAddress
  • ListBox
  • ListView
  • MonthCal
  • StatusBar
  • Tab
  • WinAPI
The Includes for the above including the constants, structures etc... files

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Thanks Zenda!

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Hey PaulIA,

I tried using Auto3Lib with a script called Lod3n Launcher. PNG as GUI, drop shadows, curved edges, you name it.

I got the following error:

---------------------------

AutoIt Error

Line 2321 (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\A3LGDIPlus.au3"):

Return $aResult[0] <> 0

Return $aResult^ ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

OK

I have Autoit v3.2.4.9 and the latest version of Auto3Lib (Downloaded July 3rd).

lod3n believes it's a bug in Auto3Lib and he suggested to me to report a bug. So here I am.

Could you get a look at it?

Thank you,

Olivier.

look at the read me.txt in the Autoit3Lib folder, you will have your anwser :lmao:

btw : it seems that the function doesn't return any array

so try to get the last message by inserting the _API_GetlastErrorMessage()

just after the dllcall, that the only way to know :whistle:

Projects :

I don't want to complain but I would greatly appreciate it if you were to make this compatible with AutoIt's list/listview functions. As of now I am being forced to create a whole new script with just the functions I want and leaving out any variables that are previously declared in "#Include <GuiListView.au3>"

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I thought I would because I didn't find any mention of it in my brief search.

As for the solution (if I've made my problem clear) I would suggest just including the "#Include <GuiListView.au3>" in your script to include all the variables without having to have them in your own.

Adding GUIListView to the include of A3LListView doesn't achieve anything. All of the global constants are defined in ListViewConstants.au3 which is already included in A3LListView.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Look at the TextWidth demo in the Auto3Lib Misc folder.

@ PaulIA:

Just found the Read Me file you included in the last installation.

Sad news, man. Nevertheless, I understand your decision (I'm sure we all do). Of course you have to take care about your bussiness. As for the family, a nice family is the best thing life can give us. I remember recent Volly's words in another thread about love and his wife; the same can be told about children. But they require effort and dedication, and that means time among many others things. On the other hand, whithout a question, you deserve to enjoy them.

I want to thank you for sharing your work, but first of all, for your commitment to the community (you gave us even the tools you've been using!). You've earned a place betwen the guys who have done our lifes reacher. I'd give my vote to you for the "AutoIt Man Of The Year Award". I guess your children are not in the "coding way of life" yet; I´d like this site to last enough for they to grow and see it, so they can be proud of their father's attitude to his acts and to other people.

It would be wonderful if someone (younger and skiller than me) decides to continue your work. I'm sure you will help him/her to start.

I wish you a nice life.

I hope you won't quit the forums, so see you around

alc

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

i've just read it too...

first of all, i'm really sad because you have giving me a new boost in my jobs when autoit wasn't enough to accomplished my goals and my wishes.

your work is really impressive and had learned me so much. I really have to progress on C++ to understand just half of your code, but i hope that one day,to have your skills.

i hope that AutoIt will progress again because you have proved it what it is capable of, and its limits to.

i don't know to say, but i really understand your choice, and i've always be frightened of that.

I've imposed AutoIt in my firm, but i'm the rare that use often use it, because of code decompile abilities.

It's everyday a hard day to prove to customers that autoit can do good things, and quickly, but it's hard to impose it to bigger customers that often use C# or VB.NET.

i hope too that one day, i can payback your investissment for helping me, and the others users of this forum.

i'll miss our pms about some complex found that you've always managed to make it work.

wish you a great life, hope to see you soon.

The Frenchy Young AutoIt Coder, Arcker

Glad I could help. I'll drop by every now and then to keep an eye on things.

For those of you interested, I had hoped to have things done before he left, wasn't supposed to be for about a month.

I've been working on merging his libraries into the UDFs.

Here's what I have done so far (not including documentation):

• DateTime Picker
  • Image Lists
  • IPAddress
  • ListBox
  • ListView
  • MonthCal
  • StatusBar
  • Tab
  • WinAPI
The Includes for the above including the constants, structures etc... files
Cut, paste. Cut, paste. Cut, paste. Cut, paste. I'm tired all ready. :whistle:

Hey PaulIA,

I tried using Auto3Lib with a script called Lod3n Launcher. PNG as GUI, drop shadows, curved edges, you name it.

I got the following error:

AutoIt Error

Line 2321 (File "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\A3LGDIPlus.au3"):

Return $aResult[0] <> 0

Return $aResult^ ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

OK

I have Autoit v3.2.4.9 and the latest version of Auto3Lib (Downloaded July 3rd).

lod3n believes it's a bug in Auto3Lib and he suggested to me to report a bug. So here I am.

Could you get a look at it?

Thank you,

Olivier.

It's not a bug. If you'd read the Auto3Lib documentation, you'd see that GDI+ is only available natively on XP/2003. You need to download the GDI+ dll from MSDN if you're using this on other OS.