Auto3Lib

PaulIA

• Moderators

Why has this topic been un-pinned? Its very important to most people here!

The original author is no longer updating the library, and gafrost (aka Gary) has made it publicly known that he does not know if he is going to update it himself with any of the new stuff he has added.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

There's been several people to point that out already above, and several more people who've posted fixes to the issue, ranging from changing registry values, to bypassing it with the current installer, to someone making a new installer that will work for anyone. Search for one, and have fun.

• Moderators

I have uninstalled autoit and installed the newest beta from 2007 and it says I am using a older one. I even ran toggle beta.exe and it still gave me errors while installing?

Is it really that hard to read a couple of post up and see that there are similar issues?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=393902

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=404668

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the latest beta is out, here are the modified A3L includes that did collide with the beta for the things I added in.

Gary

Edited by GaryFrost
Removed Attachment

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Useful!

Moderators, is there any way updates such as these can be placed in the original post, so that can newbs/lazy people get the correct version without posting the same questions here over and over?

See 1st post

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

No this is not possible.

But Auto3Library comes with its sources so you can translate desired code parts.

I was afraid of that. I started translating it. But I thought I'd check to see if anyone else had done this already, before I got in too deep. Thanks for the quick reply :-)