Letting a DLL call-back a AI-function.

Hello All,

I would like to be able to use a DLL-function that needs to do a "Call-back".

The problem is that I have absolutily no idea if that is possible, and if it is how to convert an AI-function address into one that a DLL-function understands.

I remember VB had something like an "AddressOf" operator, which would probably suit my needs.

A related problem : A call-back function is mostly executed with a number of "simple" arguments on the stack. Those arguments need ofcourse allso be converted into something AI can handle.

Any ideas ?

By the way : the function I'm talking about is "EnumChildWindows"

Take a look at AutoItX

Just did, and its a bit ... overwhelming. Could you be a bit more specific, like which one of those calls (under "DLL Interface" -> "Function Prototypes C" I should look at, and how I get to the real information (such as how to define & use it) ? (Or if thats the wrong location, where else to look)

Thanks.

you cant call a autoit function from the outside

:ph34r: That's not really what I hoped to hear :lmao:

but you can use windows messaging.

check the helpfile for GUIRegisterMsg

I just took a look at both "GUIRegisterMsg" and "EnumChildWindows", but do not see a method, using AI's own commands, to convert to the output of the latter so that it can be transferred by the first. Any hints ?

here is an example using WM_COPYDATA

if you tell me what the message looks like i can tell you how to decode it...

the easiest way would be a ptr to a struct so you can use DllStruct* functions to access it.

if its just a null terminated string you want to read from memory, i can give you this

sligtly modified function i made for the sqlite3.dll wrapper i wrote (see sig)...

Func _szStringRead($iszPtr, $iLen = -1)
    Local $aStrLen, $vszString
    If $iszPtr < 1 Then Return ""
    If $iLen < 0 Then
        $aStrLen = DllCall("msvcrt.dll", "int", "strlen", "ptr", $iszPtr)
        If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, "")
        $iLen = $aStrLen[0] + 1
    EndIf
    $vszString = DllStructCreate("char[" & $iLen & "]", $iszPtr)
    If @error Then Return SetError(2, 0, "")
    Return SetError(0, $iLen, DllStructGetData($vszString, 1))
EndFunc   ;==>_szStringRead
CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

here is an example using WM_COPYDATA

Thanks, but I don't think that is what I'm looking for. What I'm looking for is a method that makes it possible for an AI-function to be called by a DLL-function.

None-the-less, thanks for trying (I did put those two scripts in my "could be interresting" -repository :lmao: )

There has already been some work done with EnumChildWindows, including callbacks:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32077

There's more if you search the forum...

Thanks for the link. :lmao: I allready was afraid that it would need a user-written DLL to be able to do it. And you're right, I should have searched the fora first. For some reason I did not even think of it. :ph34r: