AutoForum 1.0

spyrorocks

so, you guys might have remembered the WebBased Autoit forum by theguy0000. I have decided to take this a step further.

I present you with AutoForum v1.0 BETA. This is a simple forum system written entirely in autoit.

autoforum.zip - Updated October 2nd - Major bug fix. UPDATE NOW!, more bbcode functions, posting priview, templating system.

Forums using AutoForum:

Official AutoForum Demo

AEPRadio Forum

(Got a forum running AutoForum? Post your URL here and ill add you to the list!)

All you have to do is follow theguy0000's instructions in his thread to setup autoit to go webbased, download the package, unzip and put into the web-accessable direcotry of your choice, and then change any files with a .aux extention to your autoit web-execuable extetion. After that, browse to the install file and follow the install instructions.

Also, if there is a new version, APPLY IT TO YOUR FORUM IMMIDATLY. It could be a security fix. to apply it to your forum, just replace all your forum files, then delete install.aux. There is no need to reinstall your forum.

Now that we have a new templating system, i would appriciate it if some pople would make some cool templates for AutoForum!

Please, if you spot any holes where someone could do damage, please let me know so that they may be fixed.

-----------------------------------------

.:Done:.

-Simple BBCode support

-Smilies :lmao:

-Little footer bug fix

-Simple style

-More BBCode support

-Templating system

.:To-Do:.

-User accounts [long way off]

-Better/more admin functions

-Forum permissions

-Ban usernames

-Display last poster/#of posts on index/display topics

-Make a Mod parser that will allow you to apply modifications to your forum with a phpbb-style mod template.

-----------------------------------------

PS- to access the admin panal, type in your index file then put ?admin=yes after it.

Enjoy!

Edited by spyrorocks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If there is more interest in this project, i will attempt to make better admin functions and mabe, just mabe, user accounts. Even more bbcode support would be good if there is more interest.

PS- if someone could put up a live board for a demo it would be greatly appriciated. I would d it exept im on dialup internet and im not always connected so it would be down a lot.

It took me 4 days to get it to where it is right now.

PS- Fixed small bug. Download new copy. No need to reinstall, just replace files.

Edited by spyrorocks

• Moderators

Thanks.

I also do beilive that this is a big leap for autoit. who ever though that autoit would turn into a web-programmable language?

Someone did obviously :lmao:

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hehe, kudos to you my friend

[quote name='DaleHohm']You have a strange habit of posting error messages that don't match your code.[/quote][quote name='SmOke_N']Forget the learning... straight to the scripting :lol: (laugh.gif)[/quote]

Yea, that was me. LOL.

it was codemyster who came up with the idea, and I wrote UDFs to make it usable. Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Ahem, Excuse me for not making myself clear. For about a year and a half I have already been running compiled autoit exes from within my php pages, and extracting the output as needed. From there, the idea arose to integrate au3 as a server-side language. After codemyster posted and you responded with a UDF, I modified it to fit my murpose and in the process others as well.

Although it really doesn't matter who thought up something first, I will still hold claim to the first working implementation of it.

Who else would I be?

Ahem, Excuse me for not making myself clear. For about a year and a half I have already been running compiled autoit exes from within my php pages, and extracting the output as needed. From there, the idea arose to integrate au3 as a server-side language. After codemyster posted and you responded with a UDF, I modified it to fit my murpose and in the process others as well.

Although it really doesn't matter who thought up something first, I will still hold claim to the first working implementation of it.

oh ok, I couldn't tell if you were using sarcasm or not, just wanted to clear that up. And I never knew that, cool :lmao:

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

This is really good. Well done!

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Thanks.

Im working no a templating system s you can easly coustmize it to what you want it to be, and when a update comes out you will not loose your style.