can autoit scan pictures and translate it to letters ?

hey there, i've been using autoit for many lil programs by now and i've just recently moved to moldova from israel in the porpose of studying in med-school. i'm in desperate need for some english spoken movies and searies and i started downloading from rapidshare but it seems to require too much daily care in order to work.

--> i figured that with autoit i can copy the picture, twick it alil bit with paint or something, run a scan with autoit for the colors and then translate it somehow into letters.

that way i'll be able to go to sleep at night without waking up in the middle to write the damn code ! i don't care about the waiting times between downloads it's just that i feel like freaking " Jhon Lock" from lost searie with his stupid hatch !

anyhow - any help will be appriciated -> THANKS !

i've added a picture attachment to this post, a code picture with just a few clicks twicks. -> thumbnail is the real pic and on the buttom 1.bmp is the changed one.

post-4528-1159777578_thumb.jpg

1.bmp

Edited by Armand

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

• Moderators

hey there, i've been using autoit for many lil programs by now and i've just recently moved to moldova from israel in the porpose of studying in med-school. i'm in desperate need for some english spoken movies and searies and i started downloading from rapidshare but it seems to require too much daily care in order to work.

--> i figured that with autoit i can copy the picture, twick it alil bit with paint or something, run a scan with autoit for the colors and then translate it somehow into letters.

that way i'll be able to go to sleep at night without waking up in the middle to write the damn code ! i don't care about the waiting times between downloads it's just that i feel like freaking " Jhon Lock" from lost searie with his stupid hatch !

anyhow - any help will be appriciated -> THANKS !

i've added a picture attachment to this post, a code picture with just a few clicks twicks.

What you are asking for is an OCR and the answer to your question.

Yes, but not without ALOT of Pixel* function work from you.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

hi again - thanks for the fast reply (-:

- what is OCR ?!

- Please some pointers regarding how to find the Pixies location.

- Can you please give me some pointers on how to translate the pixies pin-location into letter?

---> as i've said i made some bots with autoit for diablo2 and wow (-: as well as some other lil "fixes" for my comp, but i havn't used autoit for more then half a year and i barely remember how to start so if you could just give me some general guidance so that i'll have some starting point i'll be delieted !

THANKS FOR AU3 CREW - I LOVE YOU GUYS !

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

ok than, so now i know it's an OCR and what is OCR (-:

now would anyone save me some time and give me some pointers please (I-:

my studying takes most of my time and thus any help will be very appriciated !!!

btw- thanks for the OCR help jinxter !

• Moderators

You should use the Search button before asking questions :lmao:!

Guess that doesn't apply to Reading the Help file before asking http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=33343&hl= ?

@the not so new guy Armand:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...highlite=%2BOCR

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Guess that doesn't apply to Reading the Help file before asking http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=33343&hl= ?

@the not so new guy Armand:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...highlite=%2BOCR

:ph34r: I did read the helpfile there.. just couldnt figure out :lmao:

[quote name='AceLoc']I gots new sunglasses there cool.[/quote]

sorry for the posting of something already exists...

i just didn't know it's called OCR - i was looking for picture code bypass...

anyhow THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP !!!

-- p.s : is there anyone out there that already made such an OCR in au3 and is willing to share ? (God Damn That RapidShare Shit !)

Just a different slant on your problem: Why not use a different approach to get your files with something like one of the peer-to-peer programs such as LimeWire, BearShare, Ares or eMule? You can search and queue a number of files and then wait patiently for them to complete downloading without a lot of intervention. The chances are fairly good that somebody will have the file already downloaded from rapidshare and available for sharing.

Edited by Confuzzled

ummm, my internet connection in here is limited to just 8 kb/sec and as such i can't use what i used to use at hom - sababaDC, as for e-mule - my comp is too slow to make it work properly without being stuck and interferring with my use of the computer ... so...

i'm thinking of instead using the autoit to parse the picture, i can find a chat or something and than just let the bot take the image address and send it through the chat as a question - please read this picture and tell me what's in it, then run through the answers and choose the one that repeats the most and so on...

any suggestion as to what chat system should i use, or how exactly to make it work that way, or what complication can i run into in the process

hmmm... I'm not sure I understand how you plan to use this chat system, I suppose the picture will change everytime you reload the frame, and after a period of time it will change aswell... (the way I would do it - to make bots pretty much useless). And everytime you enter the wrong response.

If they're sloppy they could reveal the actual text of the picture in the html-code. otherwise I suppose that making an OCR-bot of the picture will be pretty hard to achieve.

> there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

hmmm... I'm not sure I understand how you plan to use this chat system, I suppose the picture will change everytime you reload the frame, and after a period of time it will change aswell... (the way I would do it - to make bots pretty much useless). And everytime you enter the wrong response.

If they're sloppy they could reveal the actual text of the picture in the html-code. otherwise I suppose that making an OCR-bot of the picture will be pretty hard to achieve.

Rapidshare changes the picture on every reload, and they seem to have an extensive library of pictures...or it's a dynamically generated .jpg. It does get cached for that particular instance though...and one has to close the browser window, re-load the link and wait the time-out again to see a different picture. AFAIK, they don't put an alt-text in the link of the picture...that'd be a dead giveaway for a robot.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

try to do it like me and look at it diffrently,

the boot copys the html address for the image and spams it abit the chat - whatever chat it is (currently i think about yahoo...) than people open it - read and send the bot the answer - the bot parses the replys from the people (real people in chat) and looks for equevalent answers - when he finds such he than puts them into the proper place in rapidshare - DONE !

only problam in this shit is the people not pulling pranks on u'r ass and/or not minding u at all ...

anyhow gtg get some sleep (-: laters !

• Moderators

Where are you going to find a chat filled with people willing to be your bot-slaves at all hours?

You didn't really ask that question did you :lmao: ? Just look at the URL in your currently active address bar :ph34r:

as i've mantioned thats the problam ... u have any idea ?

maybe a chat in which i can send msgs with pictures ... cause than it'll be easier for them....

hmmmmm...

I suspect the image is created in realtime, that's obviously the easiest way to do it. still... you'd have to wait for the 'correct' answer in the chat-room for sending the code to the application... and what if (god forbid) they say something else in the chat? (private message? but what if someone messages you to say hi?)

send a pm to the webmaster stating you want the stuff without entering the code...

> there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

-Thatsgreat2345 - if u know of a program that does that than please send me it's name or a link or something.

-yes i'll have to wait for the right question, but not in public - in private, and than u can parse through the msgs recieved and look for something that'll repeat it self twice, unless time limit is over and than u can just put some random sequence and get a new picture and than try again ... in any way even if the whole process take the bot 10 mins it is still better than the 8 hours i'm at school ...

Freakin Picture !