SciTE - is there a keystroke repeater function?

I want to build a batch file that appends 2 files together, for several files. so...

I copy the directory & paste it into sciTE.

eg.

Andorra2_1_RES.au3

Andorra2_2_MOBILE.au3

Andorra2_3_RES+ADDRESS.au3

Andorra2_4_BUS+ADDRESS.au3

Andorra2_5_BUS+Hyphen.au3

Andorra2_6_ADDRESS+NONAME+BUS.au3

Andorra2_7_ADDRESS+NONAME+RES.au3

Andorra2_8_LOCALITY.au3

Andorra2_9_REVERSE.au3

I then perform the same set of edits to each line. IE

"COPY" <select filename to end of line> <goto end of line> " +second file " <paste> <goto next line>

thus i get

"Copy FILE1.txt +additional.txt file1.txt"

"Copy FILE2.txt +additional.txt file2.txt"

"Copy FILE3.txt +additional.txt file3.txt"

"Copy FILE4.txt +additional.txt file4.txt"

"Copy FILE5.txt +additional.txt file5.txt" and so on. :lmao:

I want to "teach" SciTE the necessary key sequences and assign them to a key, say "F12"

In PFE (programmers file editor) this is known as a "Macro" BUT this appears to have a different meaning 'round these parts.

Does SciTE have this function, if so, where?

TIA

The AutoIt help file should be interrogated.The Editor should be SciTe.The forums should have been searched.

Look at FileCopy()

Look at Loops

EDIT::

Sorry, I didnt read how you said you want to have it a batch file.

Edited by AzKay
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

Look at FileCopy()

Look at Loops

EDIT::

Sorry, I didnt read how you said you want to have it a batch file.

N'mind. what I REALLY want is the text-editing macro feature :">

The AutoIt help file should be interrogated.The Editor should be SciTe.The forums should have been searched.

I don't know but don't SciTe support regexp search arguments? If it does it might suport regexp in the search replace dialog to with back references in the replace line?

You could use a LUA script. But I'm not sure how you would specify selection, search, replace arguments.

Annyone else have ideas about this?

EDIT: sure is spelled sure not shure.

Edited by Uten

I don't know but don't SciTe support regexp search arguments? If it does it might suport regexp in the search replace dialog to with back references in the replace line?

You could use a LUA script. But I'm not sure how you would specify selection, search, replace arguments.

Annyone else have ideas about this?

EDIT: sure is spelled sure not shure.

Trouble is, my file names are all different. All I need to to record the keystrokes & play them back in the editor. (Oh poo. now it sounds like I want a key logger. I don't! Honest!)

Have a look at this editor. http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/steveb/cpaap/pfe/default.htm

Here's a jpeg.....

Trouble is, my file names are all different. All I need to to record the keystrokes & play them back in the editor. (Oh poo. now it sounds like I want a key logger. I don't! Honest!)

Have a look at this editor. http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/steveb/cpaap/pfe/default.htm

Here's a jpeg.....

Bump?

• Moderators

Bump?

Do some searches on Larry's hook.dll, I think you'll know what you want when you see it.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Do some searches on Larry's hook.dll, I think you'll know what you want when you see it.

Sorry SmOke_N, I have my :stupid: head on today, I can't see how this applies. Me Tester (sounds of knuckles dragging along the floor)

I'm not looking for an AutoIT feature, it's SciTE i'm using as a text editor. In the "Old Days" my Vax editor (Eve) could "Learn" a set of keysequences to be played back repeatedly. Am I doomed to using PFE for my mass-editing needs? :lmao:

Even notepad has the 'replace' function :lmao: (press Ctrl + H)

Replace "andorra2_" with "Copy andorra2_"

Replace ".au3" with ".au3 +second file"

Thanks for the reply, but replace doesn't do the job. I now have

"copy andorra2_1_res.au3 +second file"

but I don't have the target file. Replace isn't enough as each filename is unique.

Never mind, this is but an example.

I think that I'm not going to get the text macro facility out of the current implementation of SciTe.

Time to pop this thread into the Ideas forum?

Thanks for the reply, but replace doesn't do the job. I now have

"copy andorra2_1_res.au3 +second file"

but I don't have the target file. Replace isn't enough as each filename is unique.

Never mind, this is but an example.

I think that I'm not going to get the text macro facility out of the current implementation of SciTe.

Time to pop this thread into the Ideas forum?

I'm not too enthousiastic about this idea. I would write the macro myself, however, if you feel that you and people around you have a need for this, it could be posted, and hell, someone might even make it too. :lmao:

Try this hacked version of Scite with macro recording.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ost&p=76636

MHz - you beaut! that's exactly what's required!

Now...... how do I get that into OUR version of SciTe?

MHz - you beaut! that's exactly what's required!

Now...... how do I get that into OUR version of SciTe?

ok, MHz solution is good, post into ideas for this to be merged into our version of Scite, Thanks everyone!

ok, MHz solution is good, post into ideas for this to be merged into our version of Scite, Thanks everyone!

Sorry, no idea's as intentions are following normal (not hacked) build of Scite. The decision is above me as to JdeB & team are customizing Scite or the Scite team at SourceForge for the actual developing of Scite.

• Developers

Sorry, no idea's as intentions are following normal (not hacked) build of Scite. The decision is above me as to JdeB & team are customizing Scite or the Scite team at SourceForge for the actual developing of Scite.

I supply the Standard SciTE software as released by Neil in the SciTE4AutoIt3.

The SciTE that comes with AutoiT3 is a stripped down version of the original SciTE that only contains a few lexers.

But Why not create one yourself in AutoIt3? Would be a nice project

I wrote some AutoIt3 code that talks to the SciTE Director interface which enable you to dump text directly into SciTE.

gafrost used it in his csnippet program and its also available in the KodaWrapper script i posted a while ago

There is also an external Macro program called filerx that I believe has some macro capabilities..

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)