Swap mouse buttons

Cue

If you had done a search you would have found this

Func SwapMouseButton($mode = 1)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SwapMouseButton", "int", $mode)
EndFunc

Edit -

mode = 1 for swapping

mode = 0 for returning to normal mode

Edited by BigDod

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Hi,

yes u can like BigDod shows, but why?

If the user has swapped the left and right mouse buttons in the control panel, then the behaviour of the buttons is different. "Left" and "right" always click those buttons, whether the buttons are swapped or not. The "primary" or "main" button will be the main click, whether or not the buttons are swapped. The "secondary" or "menu" buttons will usually bring up the context menu, whether the buttons are swapped or not

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

BigDod thanks for that. I actually did do a search but didnt come across that what did you use for you search terms.

Hi, th.meger I need this for a Tablet pc so that I can add a small area on the screen to point to then the next point will be a left click instead.

Hi Cue,

still not totally clear, but ... nevertheless - go on. :lmao:

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Sorry, I didnt explain very well.

I've got a tablet pc and pointing anywhere on the screen performs a right click. To "left" click you have to hold the pen on the screen for a while which is quite annoying. so I'm writing a script with a tray icon that when right clicked on will make the next click a left click.

Hope thats understandable.

BigDod thanks for that. I actually did do a search but didnt come across that what did you use for you search terms.

"swap mouse buttons"

God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Thats what I searched for and got alot of threads I skimmed through most that sounded relavent and didt find anything. Nevermind

Did you enclose it in quotes as per my post. When I did it I only got two hits one of which was this topic. Edited by BigDod

I cant seem to figure out why this simple script doesnt work. It shows some very odd behavior.

clicking the system tray swaps the mouse buttons until a left click is performed. if you swap then left click on the tray the system tray menu shows. now the problem is if you click the tray after left clicking on the menu you cant swap the buttons again until you right click even if you exit the script and start it again :lmao:

any idea whats going on.

#Include <Constants.au3>
#Include <Misc.au3>
#NoTrayIcon

Opt("TrayMenuMode",3)   ; Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown.
TraySetClick(0)
$Menuclicked=0

$aboutitem      = TrayCreateItem("About")u 
TrayCreateItem("")
$exititem       = TrayCreateItem("Exit")

TraySetState()

While 1
    $msg = TrayGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = 0
            ContinueLoop

Case $msg = $TRAY_EVENT_PRIMARYUP
        SwapMouseButton(1) ;swap buttons
        TraySetState (4) ;make tray blink

while Not _IsPressed(01, "user32.dll") AND $Menuclicked=0 ;wait for left click
        WEnd

SwapMouseButton(0) ;swap back
        TraySetState (8) ;stop tray blink
        $Menuclicked=0

Case $msg= $TRAY_EVENT_SECONDARYDOWN
        $Menuclicked=1

TraySetState (8) ;stop tray blink
        SwapMouseButton(0) ;swap back

;show tray menu
        TraySetClick(1)     
        MouseClick("left")
        TraySetClick(0)

Case $msg = $exititem
            Exit
    EndSelect
WEnd

Func SwapMouseButton($mode = 1)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SwapMouseButton", "int", $mode)
EndFunc

Works fine for me, once the swap is done, use the left click which is now the right click, then it swaps again

Edit: had my left and right reversed in the sentence.

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Figured it out I should have used TRAY_EVENT_SECONDARYUP instead because it performed a PRIMARYUP after i let go. but its still very odd that if you exit the script and start it again it remembers if you didnt press right click

Figured it out I should have used TRAY_EVENT_SECONDARYUP instead because it performed a PRIMARYUP after i let go. but its still very odd that if you exit the script and start it again it remembers if you didnt press right click

Using the dllcall to swap mouse buttons, doesn't just swap the mouse buttons in the script.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Works fine for me, once the swap is done, use the left click which is now the right click, then it swaps again

Hi gafrost. Iam writing this for a tablet pc so pretend you dont have a right click. i wanted to click on this tray, swaps buttons then next left click becomes a right click and swaps back to normal.

Edit: added quote to avoid confusion, gafrost types alot faster than his Avatar :lmao:

Edited by Cue

Using the dllcall to swap mouse buttons, doesn't just swap the mouse buttons in the script.

gafrost its hard to keep up with your posts, lol

try it with only the left click. it actually swaps them back but it still requires a right click before performing it again.

Edited by Cue

Do this to recreate the problem. use left click only. click on tray, click tray again, now click about. now try clicking the tray to swap again, It doesnt work .

Now exit the script and open again now click on tray, It still doesnt work.

Kinda odd

edit:[ Remember exit using left click only by using ctrl+Break in SciTE for example]

Edited by Cue