ControlID changes... Position of Control changes with screen res... help!

I'm creating an install script for Norton SystemWorks 2006. The very last window has a couple of radio buttons that basically say, "Restart your computer now" and "I'll restart my computer manually later".

The problem I'm having is that the ControlID's for the radio buttons change everytime the MSI is launched. :ph34r:

I've done my share of searching the forums and thought I had the solution with "_ControlGetHandleByPos()" but then, when testing the script on another machine, the X/Y of the radio buttons actually changed because the resolution of that system was different. :lmao:

Any ideas? :geek:

The tiniest of things can ruin your day, or brighten your afternoon. Read it once, read it again, and pay attention. Then search the forums. If all else fails, ask somebody else.

lots of views upon this post

but no replies, and I need those most :lmao:

(aka - BUMP!)

The tiniest of things can ruin your day, or brighten your afternoon. Read it once, read it again, and pay attention. Then search the forums. If all else fails, ask somebody else.

I'll get you that info ASAP, in the meanwhile, what can we do with the ClassNameNN? I've searched the Helpfiles for ways to get the ControlID by having the ClassNameNN, but came up short.

Edited by webjocky

I'm 98% positive that it does list ClassNameNN's for the radio buttons, however I was unable to find a function that could use a ClassNameNN to make changes to the controls, most functions require ControlID instead- if you can shed some light on using a ClassNameNN, that would help me out most definitly!

Edited by webjocky

I can't post code, I'm at work. The code is at home.

It's not hard to point me in the right direction. I don't want you write me anything. If you know of a function that will use a ClassNameNN to identify the ControlID from any control that would work for me. I have searched the help file extensively for anything that might pertain to Controls and have come up empty handed every time.

I'll be happy to post the code when I get back home.

according to the help files the syntax for ControlComand() is as follows:

ControlCommand ( "title", "text", controlID, "command" [, "option"] )

but what you're saying is that it will accept a ClassNameNN as well?

I appreciate your help, and I'll give this a shot.