Unix-like copy & paste

dabus

I'd like to get as close as possible to [l,u]nix standards. So I run blackbox and have some additional stuff.

One of the things I'd like to add would be copy&paste like, so I just select the text I'd want and it's pasted into the clipboard. I did some search here and there but I was not even close. :lmao:

Any clue where I should/could start?

Thx.

Hi,

sorry dont get it? What? :lmao:

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Go to the helpfile then to then index and put in the word "clip" and it will give you clipget and clipput, and if gives you examples too. For a cut comman you would probably delete the selected text after you've copied it.

Welcome to autoit!

The tiniest of things can ruin your day, or brighten your afternoon. Read it once, read it again, and pay attention. Then search the forums. If all else fails, ask somebody else.

I'd like to get as close as possible to [l,u]nix standards. So I run blackbox and have some additional stuff.

One of the things I'd like to add would be copy&paste like, so I just select the text I'd want and it's pasted into the clipboard. I did some search here and there but I was not even close. :lmao:

Any clue where I should/could start?

Thx.

Is this a feature of *nix or blackbox? As in I'm posting this from a *nix OS but I don't have the select-text in firefox past it in abiword without doing anything else. By the way, I'm using IceWM and debian sarge at the moment.

It's a "unix" feature. At least if you count gpm/x11 as "unix".

Ok, just an example:

I open my beloved aterm (this is sth like a cmd-window, but better). I execute ls (dir-command) an got something like this:

01.mpg bin Mail Styles

All I have to do now is to highlight the word Styles (select it or do a double click on it) to copy the word into the buffer (clipboard) , and press the middle mouse button to paste it again.

I just thought of detecting _IsPressed(01) but send ^c ^v all the time does not seem to be a good solution, more a workaround.

>> I just want to get rid of [Ctrl]+[C] >>> [Ctrl]+[V] <<

@Uten: doubleclick on firefox-adressbar, open abiword and middleclick will paste the url into abiword with grace.

Happy with debian since potato. Please try a *box. They are slick. And you can run a fork of this wm under win32... :lmao:

Try pekwm if you want one of the best linux-window-managers.

Edited by dabus

In Windows XP, you can open a Command Prompt, and click on the little icon in the top left of the window, and go to Properties. then go the the Options Tab, and pick QuickEdit mode.

This allows you to select text with your left mouse and right click it to copy. You can also paste with the right click.

That sounds close to what you're looking for, no scripting required.

Edited by lod3n

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

I use IceWM because it has a small footprint and are easy to install and do simple modifications to. Don't care much about slickness :lmao: hmm, no middle mouse button either when come to think about it :ph34r: (I know I can use both at the same time but that is to me a rather poor workaround)

The best reason (for me) to run Linux is that X11 transfers my vmware screens (and other applications) from the "high end machine" to where I am. That is basically infront of my trusty old laptop.

@lod3n: Cmd was just an example, but I'll check that; so thanks for the hint.

@Cyberslug: Yeah, that seems to be the right page to start from. Great. :lmao:

Little OT:

@Uten: pekwm and openbox are quite pure / based on x11-libs, so they are small...

top says:

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND

2571 dabus 15 0 6500 4080 2684 S 0.0 0.9 0:00.43 pekwm

I used icewm for some time but it's too much windows for me.

With slick I mean the concept behind, not the themes... though I like them alot more than xp-styles. Have a look @ bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean to get started under windows.

Little promotion for pekwm

--------- snip ----------

Here's a short list of some of the features included in pekwm:

* Possibility to group windows in a single frame (!!! never go out without that, save space :ph34r: )

* Configurable keygrabber that supports keychains (!!! no need for additional progs)

* Configurable mouse actions (! link your fav. program to your mousebuttons)

* Configurable rootmenu and windowmenu

* Xinerama support

* Configurable window placement (! place a program just under your mouse when it opens)

* Basic pixmap theming, with configurable buttons (looks nice, just like qnx here)

* Autoproperties (!!!! Automatic properties such as a window's sticky state, etc.)

* Dynamic menus (menus that regenerate on every view)

* Xft font support (anti-aliased fonts)

* Imlib2 image handling support

I used icewm, wmaker, openbox, fluxbox, blackbox, wmx, qvwm, sapphire, larswm, matchbox-window-manager, fvwm, aewm, evilwm, oroborus, afterstep, pwm, sawfish, flwm, metacity, xfwm4 and even ion2, but pekwm is the one I stick with. Oh, and try fbpanel, apwal, rox-filer, opera and gkrellm...

@lod3n: Cmd was just an example, but I'll check that; so thanks for the hint.

@Cyberslug: Yeah, that seems to be the right page to start from. Great. :lmao:

Little OT:

@Uten: pekwm and openbox are quite pure / based on x11-libs, so they are small...

top says:

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND

2571 dabus 15 0 6500 4080 2684 S 0.0 0.9 0:00.43 pekwm

I used icewm for some time but it's too much windows for me.

With slick I mean the concept behind, not the themes... though I like them alot more than xp-styles. Have a look @ bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean to get started under windows.

Little promotion for pekwm

Here's a short list of some of the features included in pekwm:

* Possibility to group windows in a single frame (!!! never go out without that, save space :ph34r: )

* Configurable keygrabber that supports keychains (!!! no need for additional progs)

* Configurable mouse actions (! link your fav. program to your mousebuttons)

* Configurable rootmenu and windowmenu

* Xinerama support

* Configurable window placement (! place a program just under your mouse when it opens)

* Basic pixmap theming, with configurable buttons (looks nice, just like qnx here)

* Autoproperties (!!!! Automatic properties such as a window's sticky state, etc.)

* Dynamic menus (menus that regenerate on every view)

* Xft font support (anti-aliased fonts)

* Imlib2 image handling support

I used icewm, wmaker, openbox, fluxbox, blackbox, wmx, qvwm, sapphire, larswm, matchbox-window-manager, fvwm, aewm, evilwm, oroborus, afterstep, pwm, sawfish, flwm, metacity, xfwm4 and even ion2, but pekwm is the one I stick with. Oh, and try fbpanel, apwal, rox-filer, opera and gkrellm...

Did you get time to do anything else inbetween there :lmao:

I use linux since kde was 0.5 and gnome was 0.3.

Can't remember, but kde was 1.0 back in 1997... getting old. :lmao:

Got real close to linux since I use the net (1999). Want a firewalls and don't want to catch a virus > go with an unix-like os.

So: Yes, there was much time to do something constructiv and in the real world between testing window-managers.

Edited by dabus

• 10 months later...

This topic is a little old, but this might be an acceptable solution. AFAIK it works the same as KDE's.

Edit: fixed my code box

#include <Misc.au3>

$temp = ""
$current = ""
$lp = False ;left pressed
$mp = False ;middle pressed

While 1
    Sleep(10)
    If _IsPressed(0x01) And Not $lp Then
        $lp = True
        storetemp()
    EndIf