Newbie help regarding WinWaitActive

neo2k

Hi! New with AutoIt, and just starting to make my first simple scripts.. I was wondering about the winwaitactive command.

I'm using autoit to help me out with an installation that's running silent. At the end of the installation (a MSI) it shows a window prompting the user for a reboot. Don't really like this, so this is where the Autoit script should kick in. I'm using a commandline to install the application:

c:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe /i myapp.msi /qn

Do i need to start the WinWaitActive before running the commandline in Autoit..? What i had in mind:

WinWaitActive("Reboot required", [25])

Run ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /I MyApp.msi /QNS")

Send ("!n")

Or will AutoIt "hang" (for X time specified with winwaitactive) and just wait for the window to appear before running the next command? (the installation itself) So, are commands run one at a time or will it run the commands simultaniously..? Thanks in advance..! :lmao:

Hi! New with AutoIt, and just starting to make my first simple scripts.. I was wondering about the winwaitactive command.

I'm using autoit to help me out with an installation that's running silent. At the end of the installation (a MSI) it shows a window prompting the user for a reboot. Don't really like this, so this is where the Autoit script should kick in. I'm using a commandline to install the application:

c:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe /i myapp.msi /qn

Do i need to start the WinWaitActive before running the commandline in Autoit..? What i had in mind:

Send ("!n")

Or will AutoIt "hang" (for X time specified with winwaitactive) and just wait for the window to appear before running the next command? (the installation itself) So, are commands run one at a time or will it run the commands simultaniously..? Thanks in advance..! :ph34r:

WinWaitActive waits for specific window to make active... You first have to RUN the install routine...

Send ("!n")

Should work

Note that "Reboot required" must be the exact title of the window you are waiting for... :lmao:

Welcome to the forums! (Both of you)

WinWaitActive waits for specific window to make active...

A common misconception is that WinWaitActive activates a window.

In actuality, it waits for a window to become active by other means.

@neo- [25] isn't valid syntax... It appears you want to wait for 25 seconds. If so, use this:

Run (@SystemDir & "\msiexec.exe /I MyApp.msi /QNS")
WinWait("Reboot required", "", 25)
WinActivate("Reboot required")
Send ("!n")
Take a look at ControlSend and ControlClick to get around using Send in this case. These functions don't require the window to be active or even visible.

Also, it's best to specify the full path to your MSI.

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]