Icon Lib (How I can make one?)

I'm making a program that has 2 toolbars with 10 buttons each...

All the buttons has images and I'm using fileinstall to incorporate all the icons in my main executable...

When I execute main program I have 20 icons in that folder that I delete when program closes...

Is there another more elegant way of doing the same...

if I use a ICL (icon lib) with all my icons I will only have 1 file in the folder (cool!)... but how I can make an ICL?

Does anybody knows a freeware software capable of doing that? or another way of doing the same?

I modified with resource hacker one system's DLL but size is too high... :ph34r:

Suggestions? :lmao:

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I guess he means something like shell.dll - a file with a kind of icon array, right?

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

@ Ed_Maximized

I gather you want all your icons in you main AutoIt scripts finished compiled exe. This way there's only 1 file required for your program.

Can do it with a bit of fidgeting about quite easily.

1) Before you compile your script you change all you icon pointers in your autoit script to:

@AutoItExe, 1 , @AutoItExe, 2 , @AutoItExe, 3 .....etc

2) Compile your script to exe.

3) Use upx.exe that comes with AutoIt3 to uncompresss your compiled exe.

eg: upx.exe -d yourfile.exe

4) Use ResHacker to add your icons as a new resource to your uncompressed exe.

5) Use upx to compress your edited exe.

Can give an example or a more clearer walk through of what I mean if this is what your after.

Cheers

Check out Axialis IconWorkshop.

It's awesome but not free :lmao:

are the icons for executable programs??? ( .exe )

8)

Hi,

I guess he means something like shell.dll - a file with a kind of icon array, right?

So long,

Mega

@valuater & t_merger: I need 20 icons to use in a toolbar in a GUI... yes, something as a dll...

@smashly: sounds pretty good!!! I´ll try and comment

Thanks to all of you!!! :ph34r:

smashly's solution works fine but is a little tricky to develov a program this way because you have to write your code and when you really know it's finished, replace your icon pointers and recompile, uncompress, include icons, and compress again... Tricky but REALLY WORKS!!!

I solve the problem in other less sophisticathed way...

1) search in my computer for a dll as small as possible... (find M5IF32.DLL its only about 1K in size) function is not important.

2) copy this dll to another folder and rename. Something as: MyIconLib.dll

3) use resource hacker to add icons as a resources in this dll. You can add all the icons you want... no matter size or number!!!

Voila!!!

Not elegant but works

Thank you all for help me open my eyes...

Do you think this must be posted in Scripts & Scrapts? :lmao:

smashly's solution works fine but is a little tricky to develov a program this way because you have to write your code and when you really know it's finished, replace your icon pointers and recompile, uncompress, include icons, and compress again... Tricky but REALLY WORKS!!!

I solve the problem in other less sophisticathed way...

1) search in my computer for a dll as small as possible... (find M5IF32.DLL its only about 1K in size) function is not important.

2) copy this dll to another folder and rename. Something as: MyIconLib.dll

3) use resource hacker to add icons as a resources in this dll. You can add all the icons you want... no matter size or number!!!

Voila!!!

Not elegant but works

Thank you all for help me open my eyes...

Do you think this must be posted in Scripts & Scrapts? :ph34r:

Yep i think it may come in handy to some people :lmao: (to put it in the Scripts & Scrapts)

Programs so far:Teh Serializer - Search for licenses for Nero - Windows - Office - Alcohol etc.