"Keep taskbar on top of other Windows"

Ive search everywhere for a reg key to control this but no one has one. If there is somone here that has has a key to control this please share.

otherwise. how can I write an autoit script to check if this box is ticked or not? if it is then ticked to remove the tick & apply.

cheers

You'll want to use the group policy editor for that.

Start/Run then type 'gpedit.msc'

Find "User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar"

Then on the right pane look for "Prevent changes to Taskbar and Start Menu Settings"

Hope that helps :lmao:

Edit: I'm an idiot ignore me sometimes

Edited by webjocky

The tiniest of things can ruin your day, or brighten your afternoon. Read it once, read it again, and pay attention. Then search the forums. If all else fails, ask somebody else.

Ive have wrote a script to tick or untick this taskbar on top box. How do I now use this to determine if its ticked or not & to then untick if it is currently ticked..?

send("{LWIN}")

send("{APPSKEY}")

send("r")

winwait("Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", "Select this menu style for easy access to the Internet, e-mail, and your favorite programs.")

send("+{TAB}")

send("{LEFT}")

controlclick("Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", "Keep the &taskbar on top of other windows", 1101)

controlclick("Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", "OK", 1)

SmOke_N,

cheers

here is my script which works a treat.

send("{LWIN}")

send("{APPSKEY}")

send("r")

winwait("Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", "Select this menu style for easy access to the Internet, e-mail, and your favorite programs.")

send("+{TAB}")

send("{LEFT}")

ControlCommand ( "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", "Keep the &taskbar on top of other windows", 1101, "unCheck", "")

controlclick("Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", "OK", 1)

• Moderators

I'm just curious if it wouldn't have been easier using Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4) + ClassNameNN + ControlHide() + Do your Thing + ControlShow()

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.