error with my script - help!

its been a while since ive had to post but heres the low down - Im wanting to export a list of users from groups in AD - i found a script here which does that but i wanted to modify a bit by putting in a gui etc. my problem is with the $GROUP1 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Group Name", 45, 30, 300, 20) and $GROUP_NAME = GUICtrlRead ( $GROUP1 ) lines as when i use an input box the script works as it should

this is the error i get - " Export.au3 (61) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".: "

the line the error occurs on is $objGroup.getInfo()

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

GuiCreate("OU_Location", 390, 110,-1, -1 , BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))

$QUESTION = GuiCtrlCreateLabel('Please enter the name of the group you would like to export below?', 35, 10)
$GROUP1 = GuiCtrlCreateInput("Group Name", 45, 30, 300, 20)
$AKL = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Auckland", 5, 55, 75, 20)
$HLZ = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Hamilton", 80, 55, 75, 20)
$WLG = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Wellington", 155, 55, 75, 20)
$CHC = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Christchurch", 230, 55, 75, 20)
$DUN = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Dunedin", 305, 55, 75, 20)
$NZ_NATIONAL = GuiCtrlCreateButton("NZ National Group", 130, 80, 125, 20)

$GROUP_NAME = GUICtrlRead ( $GROUP1  )

GuiSetState()
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case $msg = $AKL
        $OU = "ou=groups,ou=auckland"
        Export()
        ExitLoop
    Case $msg = $HLZ
        $OU = "ou=groups,ou=hamilton"
        Export()
        ExitLoop
    Case $msg = $WLG
        $OU = "ou=Groups,ou=Wellington"
        Export()
        ExitLoop
    Case $msg = $CHC
        $OU = "ou=groups,ou=christchurch"
        Export()
        ExitLoop
    Case $msg = $DUN
        $OU = "ou=groups,ou=dunedin"
        Export()
        ExitLoop
    Case $msg = $NZ_NATIONAL
        $OU = "ou=nz national group"
        Export()
        ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit

Func Export()
GuiSetState(@SW_HIDE)

;  Bind to Active Directory;
$objRootDSE = ObjGet("LDAP://RootDSE")
$strDNSDomain = $objRootDSE.Get("DefaultNamingContext")

;  Get the Builtin Administrators group
$strContainer = "cn=" & $GROUP_NAME & "," & $OU & " ,ou=nz, "
$objGroup = ObjGet ("LDAP://"& $strContainer & $strDNSDomain )
$objGroup.getInfo()

$adminlist = ""
$arrMemberOf = $objGroup.GetEx("member")
For $strMember in $arrMemberOf
    $user = ObjGet ("LDAP://"&$strMember)
    if isobj($user) Then $adminlist &= $user.sAMAccountName & @crlf
Next

msgbox(0,"Admin List",$adminlist)

EndFunc
Edited by craig.gill

well, i don't have the files, so i can't up and test your script, mind telling us where you think the problem might lie, as in whats not working?

when i run the script i get the gui ok - no problem there but when i enter in a value in the GuiCtrlCreateInputon the gui and press a button to runthe function it just errors - when i used the inputbox command it had the vaule there straight away so worked no worries

i tried with $GROUP_NAME = GUICtrlRead ( $GROUP1 ) as part of the case $msg = $akl etc but that didnt make a difference

PS this is the entire script if you change the OU=GROUPS,OU=AUCKLAND etc it should work for you if you are on a domain. also would need to change $strContainer = "cn=" & $GROUP_NAME & "," & $OU & " ,ou=nz, " to be correct also...

when i run the script i get the gui ok - no problem there but when i enter in a value in the GuiCtrlCreateInputon the gui and press a button to runthe function it just errors - when i used the inputbox command it had the vaule there straight away so worked no worries

i tried with $GROUP_NAME = GUICtrlRead ( $GROUP1 ) as part of the case $msg = $akl etc but that didnt make a difference

PS this is the entire script if you change the OU=GROUPS,OU=AUCKLAND etc it should work for you if you are on a domain. also would need to change $strContainer = "cn=" & $GROUP_NAME & "," & $OU & " ,ou=nz, " to be correct also...

dont worry found that i tried putting the $GROUP_NAME = GUICtrlRead ( $GROUP1 ) back into the case $msg=$akl and its working this time. not sure why it didnt before.... thanks

Don't you want to read the input control AFTER the operator hits a button?

I think you should move "$GROUP_NAME = GUICtrlRead($GROUP1)" to the top of the Export function:

Func Export()
     $GROUP_NAME = GUICtrlRead($GROUP1)
     GuiSetState(@SW_HIDE)

; The rest of the function
EndFunc ; ===> Export

:ph34r:

Edit: Doh! Beat me to it! :lmao:

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law