AutoIt exe's detected as virus by McAfee!

McAfee antivirus is detecting -and deleting- AutoIt exes as a "StartPage-JR" virus since Sept. 25th. This is a terrible issue, because lots of my customers have McAfee installed. Does anyone in AutoIt know anything about it? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fran Varona

McAfee antivirus is detecting -and deleting- AutoIt exes as a "StartPage-JR" virus since Sept. 25th. This is a terrible issue, because lots of my customers have McAfee installed. Does anyone in AutoIt know anything about it? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fran Varona

I have the same problem today (04/10/2006). Impossible to compile any script.

McAfee delete all executable files created by autoIt

Hi,

I have the same problem, too:

I have the same problem today (04/10/2006). Impossible to compile any script.

McAfee delete all executable files created by autoIt

Which version do your McAfee virus definition files have? Mine is 4865, created on 03/10/2006.

The only problem seems to be the default icon, when you compile your script with another icon, mcAfee won't find any virus...

see also my other thread

Andi

Hi,

I have the same problem, too:

Which version do your McAfee virus definition files have? Mine is 4865, created on 03/10/2006.

The only problem seems to be the default icon, when you compile your script with another icon, mcAfee won't find any virus...

see also my other thread

Andi

same definition file and same date.

When i precise an icone the compilation is ok.

Thanks a lot for help.

André

Thanks, Andreas, I read your post and I repeat my answer here. My McAfee definition file is the same as yours. And if you use a custom icon, McAfee doesn't detect the exe file as a virus. It's weird, but at least we have a solution.

And, Swent, it seems a bit childish to say things like that, don't you think so? I have lots of customers with McAfee software, without a problem. In corporative antivirus, it's one of the best.

Thanks,

Fran Varona

• Moderators

I take it, none of you bothered to take my advice a few posts up.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Sorry, SmOke_N, I saw the other post and tried the other solution before, but I had downloaded the beta version. Now I have tested it, and it runs OK: even if you use the default icon, McAfee doesn't detect the exe file as a virus.

Thanks

Fran Varona