VNC Control

dv8

VNC Control is very small, absolutely free and open source VNC manager.

You can read more about it and download the source and the program at: http://www.vnccontrol.hit.bg/

EDIT (06 Jul. 2021): For sentimental reasons, I've decided to resurrect VNCControl at  http://bulsourcing.com/VNCControl/ (Note that the project is no longer developed but since there are still people who use it I dug out from my archives the old version of the website and put it out there. :) Enjoy! The source codes are available for download.)

Edited by dv8

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting quite a few msgboxes that say that files are missing etc. I will list them for you.

So, did you get the degree? You are the first I have ever heard of who did his graduation project in AutoIt.

Edit: Here's the list, will be updated more:

Language file standard value:

"D:\Projects\AutoIT\VNCControl\Languages\Bulgarian.ini"

Should be:

@ScriptDir & "\Languages\Bulgarian.ini"

When I press cancel, the box for language file is emptied.

"C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\winvnc.exe" is set for default directory, this is not a bug but since I don't have it installed in C:\Program Files\ i'd like to see this replaced by @ScriptDir too.

+ I really don't know what I am supposed to do with the first dialogbox that asks me to fill in 2 exe's and a language file.. So I can't tell you if anything else should be changed in my opinion.

Edited by Manadar

I am getting quite a few msgboxes that say that files are missing etc. I will list them for you.

So, did you get the degree? You are the first I have ever heard of who did his graduation project in AutoIt.

Edit: Here's the list, will be updated more:

Language file standard value:

"D:\Projects\AutoIT\VNCControl\Languages\Bulgarian.ini"

Should be:

@ScriptDir & "\Languages\Bulgarian.ini"

This value was in the settings.ini file. It's my mistake. I put in the package my file instead of the empty one. :lmao:

When I press cancel, the box for language file is emptied.

"C:\Program Files\UltraVNC\winvnc.exe" is set for default directory, this is not a bug but since I don't have it installed in C:\Program Files\ i'd like to see this replaced by @ScriptDir too.

That's because presing the Cancel button the Open File dialog box, returns "". Try pressing the OK button in my window when the language field is empty and it will be set to @ScriptDir&"\Languages\English.ini.

+ I really don't know what I am supposed to do with the first dialogbox that asks me to fill in 2 exe's and a language file..

These 2 exe files are the UltraVNC server and client executables. You need to install UltraVNC before being able to use my program.

VNC Control basically controls these 2 executables, so it needs them to work as it should.

It's an extension for UltraVNC. :ph34r:

10x for the remarks!

Edited by dv8

10x! I'll take a look at that. But maybe tomorow, because i have to go now.

10x again!

when scanning i get this error:

$mac=$NameMac[2]

And when adding, you must add a mac address, that should be optional

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

when scanning i get this error:

$mac=$NameMac[2]

And when adding, you must add a mac address, that should be optional

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

10x BasicOs!

Can you tell me which OS do you use? Because I only tested the program on WinXP.

The scanner uses a tool in XP called nbtstat.exe to get the name and the MAC of the remote PC.

Just made some changes to the code. Now if you don't have nbtstat.exe, the scanner should return the IP as the name of the remote host.

The MAC address is absolutely optional.

I hope you'll continue testing and keep posting the pressious feedback... :lmao:

10x BasicOs!

Can you tell me which OS do you use? Because I only tested the program on WinXP.

The scanner uses a tool in XP called nbtstat.exe to get the name and the MAC of the remote PC.

Just made some changes to the code. Now if you don't have nbtstat.exe, the scanner should return the IP as the name of the remote host.

The MAC address is absolutely optional.

I hope you'll continue testing and keep posting the pressious feedback... :lmao:

@dv8

So you dont have to rely on a windows executable, and still get the information you are wanting you may want to check into my CompInfo.au3 Library of functions. The _ComputerGetNetworkCards() contains the MAC address of each network card on a system.

WMI can be executed remotely as well. Just need to make sure you declare the proper global variable. I would be more than happy to show you more about my library.

Great job on this VNC Tool.

I created a VNC Tool that would send me the IP address of a VNC computer that I ran my program on, and alert me of password changes or port changes. You may be interested in it. IP Send

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

@dv8

So you dont have to rely on a windows executable, and still get the information you are wanting you may want to check into my CompInfo.au3 Library of functions. The _ComputerGetNetworkCards() contains the MAC address of each network card on a system.

WMI can be executed remotely as well. Just need to make sure you declare the proper global variable. I would be more than happy to show you more about my library.

Great job on this VNC Tool.

I created a VNC Tool that would send me the IP address of a VNC computer that I ran my program on, and alert me of password changes or port changes. You may be interested in it. IP Send

JS

Thank you JSThePatriot.

I looked at your CompInfo.au3 and loved it. :ph34r: But i can't see how i can use the _ComputerGetNetworkCards() function in my program. It returns the info on local cards and I need info on remote computers cards. And i need to get this info without running anything on the remote PC.

The way i see it you suggest not to rely on windows executable, but to rely on yours. :lmao:

Thank you JSThePatriot.

I looked at your CompInfo.au3 and loved it. :ph34r: But i can't see how i can use the _ComputerGetNetworkCards() function in my program. It returns the info on local cards and I need info on remote computers cards. And i need to get this info without running anything on the remote PC.

The way i see it you suggest not to rely on windows executable, but to rely on yours. :lmao:

LOL...

Yes and no. Mine isnt an executable. If you declare Global $cI_CompName at the top of your script before you include "CompInfo.au3" then you will be able to use $cI_CompName as any computer's name. Put in a computer name it should run the query and get the network information.

I will try for a moment, and post my results.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

LOL...

Yes and no. Mine isnt an executable. If you declare Global $cI_CompName at the top of your script before you include "CompInfo.au3" then you will be able to use $cI_CompName as any computer's name. Put in a computer name it should run the query and get the network information.

I will try for a moment, and post my results.

JS

I tried this:

Global  $cI_CompName = @ComputerName
;Global $cI_CompName = "REG3"
#include "CompInfo.au3"

Dim $NetworkCards

_ComputerGetNetworkCards($NetworkCards)
If @error Then
    $error = @error
    $extended = @extended
    Switch $extended
        Case 1
            _ErrorMsg($ERR_NO_INFO)
        Case 2
            _ErrorMsg($ERR_NOT_OBJ)
    EndSwitch
EndIf

For $i = 1 To $NetworkCards[0][0] Step 1
    MsgBox(0, "Test _ComputerGetNetworkCards", "Name: " & $NetworkCards[$i][0] & @CRLF & _
                                    "Adapter Type: " & $NetworkCards[$i][1] & @CRLF & _
                                    "MAC Address: " & $NetworkCards[$i][15] & @CRLF & _
                                    "System Name: " & $NetworkCards[$i][32])
Next
Func _ErrorMsg($message, $time = 0)
    MsgBox(48 + 262144, "Error!", $message, $time)
EndFunc

When $cI_CompName = @ComputerName everything is fine, but when

$cI_CompName = "REG3" (REG3 is the name of one of the PCs in my network) i get this error:

D:\Projects\AutoIT\VNCControl\Test\CompInfo.au3 (1805) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapter", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

$colItems = $objWMIService^ ERROR

:">

@dv8

I think by looking at the error that the functions developed can only retrieve data from a local PC.

I order to get data from a remote device, you need to have a different WMI approach and have authentication reights for retrieving the data.

But I maybe wrong because I did not look at the UDF's of JSThePatriot

Best is that he confirms or denies.

regards

ptrex

FWIW, I think UltraVNC is the fastest flavor of VNC when you install it's video-hook mirror driver. With it, UVNC is just as fast as RDP. It also has an encryption plugin and can transfer files, too.

-John

I agree. That's the reason VNC Control is a manager for UltraVNC. You must first install UltraVNC to use my program. And then your life becomes easyer... :lmao::ph34r:

I tried this:

Global  $cI_CompName = @ComputerName
;Global $cI_CompName = "REG3"
#include "CompInfo.au3"

Dim $NetworkCards

_ComputerGetNetworkCards($NetworkCards)
If @error Then
    $error = @error
    $extended = @extended
    Switch $extended
        Case 1
            _ErrorMsg($ERR_NO_INFO)
        Case 2
            _ErrorMsg($ERR_NOT_OBJ)
    EndSwitch
EndIf

For $i = 1 To $NetworkCards[0][0] Step 1
    MsgBox(0, "Test _ComputerGetNetworkCards", "Name: " & $NetworkCards[$i][0] & @CRLF & _
                                    "Adapter Type: " & $NetworkCards[$i][1] & @CRLF & _
                                    "MAC Address: " & $NetworkCards[$i][15] & @CRLF & _
                                    "System Name: " & $NetworkCards[$i][32])
Next
Func _ErrorMsg($message, $time = 0)
    MsgBox(48 + 262144, "Error!", $message, $time)
EndFunc

When $cI_CompName = @ComputerName everything is fine, but when

$cI_CompName = "REG3" (REG3 is the name of one of the PCs in my network) i get this error:

D:\Projects\AutoIT\VNCControl\Test\CompInfo.au3 (1805) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapter", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly)

$colItems = $objWMIService^ ERROR

:">

I had similar results, as I was not aware of the differences needed to be able to use WMI remotely. I will be researching this and updating my UDF's accordingly.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

The problems of your script may be by now that you have to check so many things, and they do not work, you could fix later. I mean you can make intelligent to your program later after it works. ok?

To leave the main part working can you:

if you please, Is it possible to separate the scanning screen from the adding screen (that they are not dependant) and also that I you want to connect a pc where Uvnc is not yet installed you could do, if you know previously IP and port number and pass you will use.

by the way I read your license and I think I do it every week once at least. I work with disabilities.

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en Español Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

VNC Control is very small, absolutely free and open source VNC manager.

You can read more about it and download the source and the program at: http://www.vnccontrol.hit.bg/En/

dv8: I love this utility! However, unless I am missing something, it is really only beneficial on a network environment with fixed IP addresses. We are using DHCP to assign IP addresses, so a computer may change IPs the next time it gets restarted (which in many cases is once a day). Is it possible to add a computer by just computer name, and let the utility ping for the IP address?

Example: A computer named LA000298 has an IP address of 10.10.9.70. Upon restart, it is assigned the IP address of 10.10.9.130. The next time I try to remote to it using VNCControl, I get the wrong computer. If I could add computers based on the computer name, then I could set up my groups and not worry about the IP address changing on any of the computers in the group.

Keep up the excellent work!

Why inventing the wheel again if it already exist ???

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

All info :

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?s=&...ost&p=95393

Download loaction : http://www.chall.plus.com/winpe/

Also written in AutoIT. :lmao:

History :

Change log v0.11 to v1.2

- Better handing of MS Logon VNC popups

- Added Command Line Options:

Change log v1.2 to v1.3

- Fixed exit after completing a connection that was initiated with a "/go"

- Added default RDP port setting of 3389 should remote registry query fail

- Added "Remove VNC?" popup

- Added funtionality to deal with a stopped / disabled remote registry service

Change log v1.3 to v1.4

- Added "Remove VNC from Host First (if Running)" option

- Added "Don't Ask to Install / Remove VNC" option

- UPX'ed payload exe's and dll's saved 2.1Mb on extracted files!! - cheers skewltek!

- Fixed small problem with command line options

Change log v1.4 to v1.5

- Added funtionality to enable Remote Desktop on XP and 2003

- Added functionailty for hostname to be "Host:port"

- More VNC loop enhancements

- Additional VNC removal step to kill winvnc process using PSKill

- Added IP & MAC address retrieval and storing into chriscontrol.ini

- Added Wake on Lan functionality

- Added Authentication popup and better connecton failure descriptions

Edited by FeReNGi

Hi BasicOS

The problems of your script may be by now that you have to check so many things, and they do not work, you could fix later. I mean you can make intelligent to your program later after it works. ok?

The program works. At least for me. All these things it checks are to ensure it will work properly.

To leave the main part working can you:

if you please, Is it possible to separate the scanning screen from the adding screen (that they are not dependant) and also that I you want to connect a pc where Uvnc is not yet installed you could do, if you know previously IP and port number and pass you will use.

The scaner is intended to ease the adding of computers in the tree. I can't see why you will want it in separate window. It is in the separate section though.

If you want to just use the scanner, then make a new group, select it in the tree and then start the scanner. This way all found computers will be added in this group without messing up the other groups. If the checkbox "Add only PCs with started VNC server." is unchecked, then all online computers will be added, no matter if they have running VNC server or not.

If you want to add a PC that is offline in the moment or doesn't have UltraVNC installed, you can do so by choosing a group from the tree, then filling out it's name and IP address and then press Add/Edit button. This will add the computer in the tree. You need to save the changes after you have finished adding computers by pressing the SAVE button. Thats all you have to do.

by the way I read your license and I think I do it every week once at least. I work with disabilities.

I am glad that you are doing this. There should be more people like you!

dv8: I love this utility! However, unless I am missing something, it is really only beneficial on a network environment with fixed IP addresses. We are using DHCP to assign IP addresses, so a computer may change IPs the next time it gets restarted (which in many cases is once a day). Is it possible to add a computer by just computer name, and let the utility ping for the IP address?

Example: A computer named LA000298 has an IP address of 10.10.9.70. Upon restart, it is assigned the IP address of 10.10.9.130. The next time I try to remote to it using VNCControl, I get the wrong computer. If I could add computers based on the computer name, then I could set up my groups and not worry about the IP address changing on any of the computers in the group.

Keep up the excellent work!

2tim3_16 your request is quite reasonabe and i'm starting to work on it. You can expect the updated version by the end of the day, i think. :lmao:

Thank you for the help, makeing VNC Control better! :ph34r: