How to

Hello all,

given typical command lines like

"C:\Program Files\Company\Product\bin\executable.exe /command line parameters"

"\Program Files\Company\Product\bin\executable.exe /command line parameters"

"..\..\..\Program Files\Company\Product\bin\executable.exe /command line parameters"

".\bin\executable.exe /command line parameters"

"executable /command line parameters"

[...],

how Do you determine the path, filename and command line parameter portions with reliability?

Thanks in advance!

P. S.: I've tried the search function with "+path +filename +parameter". It only gave an error since the search terms seem to be to short.

Edit: Sorry for the broken topic line. Seems I can't complete it retroactively.

Edited by Hello Me You
Random

Hi,

try this:

ConsoleWrite(_StringRemoveBounding('"C:\Program Files\Program Files\oot\loctus.exe"')&@LF)
ConsoleWrite(_StringRemoveBounding('"C:\Program Files\Program Files\oot\loctus.exe /c /tray"')&@LF)
ConsoleWrite(_StringRemoveBounding('"C:\Program Files\Program Files\oot\eyeballs_exp.exe /slow -rate 800"')&@LF)

ConsoleWrite(_StringRemoveBounding('"C:\Program Files\Company\Product\bin\executable.exe /command line parameters"')&@LF)
ConsoleWrite(_StringRemoveBounding('"\Program Files\Company\Product\bin\executable.exe /command line parameters"')&@LF)
ConsoleWrite(_StringRemoveBounding('"..\..\..\Program Files\Company\Product\bin\executable.exe /command line parameters"')&@LF)
ConsoleWrite(_StringRemoveBounding('".\bin\executable.exe /command line parameters"')&@LF)
ConsoleWrite(_StringRemoveBounding('"executable /command line parameters"')&@LF)
#include<Array.au3>
Func _StringRemoveBounding($s_Filename)
    Local $c = StringReplace($s_Filename, '"' & "'" & "''", '')
    Local $a = StringSplit($c, "\")
    If StringInStr($a[$a[0]], " ") <> 0 Then
    Local $b = StringLeft($a[$a[0]], StringInStr($a[$a[0]], " "))
    Else
    Return $s_Filename
    EndIf
    return $b
EndFunc

Func _StringRemoveBounding1($Str,$Opt=1)
Local $StrRep,$StrFix,$chk
    If StringRegExp ($Str, '"') = 1 Then
        $StrFix = StringTrimRight(StringTrimLeft(StringReplace($Str,'"' &  '"', ''),1),1)
        If StringRegExp ($Str, '/') = 1 Then
            $chk = StringSplit($StrFix , '/')
                $StrRep = $chk[UBound($chk) - 1]
            $StrFix = StringReplace($StrFix,$StrRep,'')
        EndIf
    Else
    $StrFix = $Str
    EndIf
    If Not @Error Then Return $StrFix
EndFunc

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I know the function _PathSplit can help you on your way. But I can't find any more information about it, :lmao: it's bad.

Thanks for your fast reply! I quickly checked the source for _PathSplit and it seems that it doesn't take possible command line parameters into account. What it does for separating filename and path is simply checking every single character (starting from the right end of the string) if it is "\" or "/". The first occurance is taken as the split point between filename and path.

I need to separate path, filename AND command line parameters reliably... even for strings as nasty as "..\..\..\test\test test\test-test\program -program.exe /c:\path". How does the cmd.exe do it?

Random

Use _PathSplit first. Then use a StringSplit on the filename, and voila.. command line parameters role out like round-things!

Need any further help writing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated. If I'd use _PathSplit on the complete string at first, it'd try to take the command line parameters as the the filename. For my last example "..\..\..\test\test test\test-test\program -program.exe /c:\path", it would return "path" as the filename and "\..\..\test\test test\test-test\program -program.exe /c:\" as the path. Neither is correct.

Random