Can you load a Registry Hive with AutoIt?

I know you can use REG.EXE to load a Hive, but I would like to be able to do this w/o any external executables.

I know this has been discussed in the past and was wondering if any of the new DLLStruct stuff has made this possible.

Most of the discussion went over my head.

Hi,

what is wrong with RegRead()?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Larry did some brilliant work here:

Loadhive

I was hoping by now that this would have appeared as part of the official UDF. :lmao:

I will checkout "LoadHive".

The issue with RegRead is that you can't update a the registry in a hive that is not loaded.

Some Hives that may need to be touched may not even be related to a user or you may not know the password for that user's account.

The need to do this is why MS put the LoadHive feature into reg.exe, but I would prefer to not have my tool dependent upong an external executable, even if it is provided by MS.

MS changed the syntax of reg.exe when they went from 2.0 to 3.0 and I dont want to have to worry abou them going to 3.1 or 4.0 and break the application.