EnCodeIt .exe oddity

I used EnCodeIt 2.0 to encode my script then converted it in an .exe

When I run that .exe on a PC that has never run the program before the main GUI window is all

messed up. If I close the program and reopen it works fine. After that first launch it works as it should even after rebooting the PC. What would cause this?

Thanks

Edited by Agent Orange

I discovered the issue. It is related to two gif files that I'm copying to the c Drive when the script runs...the first time it runs its all screwy. The second time the files are there and it runs as it should.

Any ideas how to get it to work the first time?

Thanks

• Moderators

I'm sure there is an issue with EnCodeIt, but I haven't the want to to fix it. However, I have absolutely no idea what's being asked in this thread.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Larry-

Not sure I'd say I figured it out. I know what is causing the issue....it is the FileInstall that puts the two files onto the pc executing the program.

I've got the FileCopy command at the top of the code...but if the command is there the program's GUI chokes the first time it runs. I'm assuming it is because the files haven't arrived before the GUI tries to build. After it dies the first time on the PC and I relaunch it the program works fine. If I delete the two files and run the program again I can recreate the issue.

Maybe a do until loop until I see those files before the Main GUI section of code starts......

Edited by Agent Orange