Runas Registry

I have a function that uses run-as, which I am trying to add a registry key with.

I am trying to send the following commands to the function.

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyServer /t REG_SZ /d 217.128.149.16:8080 /f

I tried putting them inside my function _ra("here") but it doesn't work because of the quotes that have to be around the registry keys in order to tell that the words Internet and Settings go together.

How do I work around this issue?

Several options:

• If your _ra() function takes a commandline as a string parameter, try this:
    _ra('reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f')
  • Use RegWrite() and have the script call itself as your other user. (Plenty of examples in the forum)
  • Load the other user's hive and RegWrite it directly. (Ditto on examples)

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

I can't use regwrite - the user is not an admin. My _ra() function uses the password to run the command.

I wish I could use regwrite - it is much easier to use....

this is what I tried just now

_ra('reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f')
        _ra('reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyServer /t REG_SZ /d " & $proxy & " /f")
and it did not work.... :lmao:

Hold up... does httpsetproxy set the proxy for internet explorer or only if you are downloading files from within the program? If it saves the proxy settings I could use that...

It only affects InetGet/InetGetSize within your script.

Does regwrite use runasset()'s credentials?

No, not unless you're calling your own script with the RunAsSet credentials, as I suggested. See this thread for some examples: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30015

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]