Select Monitor Output

fisofo

Okay, so I have a dual monitor setup as well as a TV plugged into my S-video output. When i want to watch a movie, I previously had to go through the manual process of selecting the TV as my output. So I finally wrote the below script (WARNING: Extremely messy/bad code!)

Problem is, every once in awhile, the specialized NVidia menu doesn't get focus and then the script craps out. I know this isn't the support forum, I've already posted on that side, I hoped someone on this end might have improvement ideas (besides, I AM posting a script :ph34r: )

The Script activates the TV, opens up PowerDVD and moves it to the TV. Run it with PowerDVD open and it puts everything back.

Is there some way to do this directly with a dll and/or regedit? I've used regmon a bit and just can't seem to get a handle on anything useful... and dll's are just beyond me :lmao:

If WinExists("PowerDVD") = 1 Then
    WinClose("PowerDVD")

Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL desk.cpl") ;desktop properties
    WinWaitActive("Display Properties")
    Send("^+{TAB}") ;advanced tab
    Send("+{tab}+{tab}+{tab}+{tab}{space}") ;advanced settings
    WinWaitActive("SyncMaster 940T/940B/940Be,SyncMaster Magic CX914B(Digital) and NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT  Properties")
    Send("^+{TAB}") ;Nvidia settings
    sleep(5000)
    Send("{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{down}{tab}{tab}{UP}{UP}{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}{ENTER}")  ;select monitor as output
    Send("{tab}{down}") 
    Send("{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}{down}")
    Send("{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}")
    Send("{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}") ;move monitor into proper place
    sleep(5000)
    Send("{ENTER}")
    MsgBox(0, "Script Completed", "The Script to end a Movie is complete, this message will disappear in 5 seconds", 5)

Else

Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL desk.cpl")
    Send("^+{TAB}") ;advanced tab
    Send("+{tab}+{tab}+{tab}+{tab}{space}") ;advanced settings
    WinWaitActive("SyncMaster 940T/940B/940Be,SyncMaster Magic CX914B(Digital) and NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT  Properties")
    Send("^+{TAB}") ;nvidia settings
    sleep(5000)
    Send("{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{down}{tab}{tab}{DOWN}{DOWN}{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}{ENTER}") ;select tv as output
    Send("{ENTER}")
    sleep(3000)
    Run("C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe F:\", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;run powerdvd
    WinWaitActive("PowerDVD")
    sleep(15000)
    Send("!z") ;move it to tv (ultramon script)
    Send("!{TAB}") ;move it to tv
    Send("!z") ;move child window to tv (ultramon script)
    Send("!{TAB}") ;move child window to tv 
    MsgBox(0, "Script Completed", "The Script to start a Movie is complete, this message will disappear in 5 seconds", 5)

EndIf