New to AutoIt

Hi guys, I'm brand new to auto it and look forward to harnessing its immense power. However I'm having difficulties getting the hang of it. I've readh through the material and help provided, but it doesn't seem to help me. Are there any tutorials out there to show you how to do different things? For example i'm trying to make an interface that allows me to send a command by pushing a button? Also can I make hotkeys with autoit? So when i push a certain keystroke it runs a command? Is any of this possible? Sorry if this is in the wrong place, if so move it. But I await your help, and hopefully i will recieve a minimal ammount of "you're stupid" messages. Thanks for your time.

In the Scrips and Scraps forum, on top is Welcome to AutoIt 1 2 3 that has lot's of examples.

Yes you can make hotkeys.

IMO, best thing to do is start with automating opening apps like notepad or calculator and sending some keystrokes. Gets you familiar with how a function syntax is put together.

It is best to actually have a specific project to start with. That way you are learning only things specific to your goal and don't get too wayward too soon.

But, that is just my opinon.

Sul