how to launch autoit's exe in silent mode ?

• Moderators

moreover, can i hide it in taskmanager, or protect this process when a user try to kill it ?

Um... why?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

to do a brief explanation, i work into a company with a server wich running across a microsoft 2k3 domain. we have another server application with 10 licences. one licence cost 4000$ !!! when our "cute" users are away for 10mins, 1hours, 1day, they don't power off their application... so i build a little script with autoit which detect mouse movement and kill this application after 15mins when a specific user is away. all work perfectly with admin's right but not in user mode. User can't have admin right... so to finish, is there a nice way to launch my script in user mode.

nb : i don't want to log off users with a gpo.

thx

I can understand your problem (if it is real). However, when a person only has 7 posts and is already asking for a way to circumvent windows security, generally that person is wishing to perform a nefarious action. In that case, we will err on the side of caution until you can be trusted by the community.

EDIT: Another thing, typing in all lowercase letters and incomplete sentences is not a good way to lend credibility.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

damm, u're too suspicious !!!

in fact we have 10 licences for an application and 40 users... but all users don't use application in same time. when a user go away from his desk he doesn't close his application... if ten ppl goes aways, the rest can't connect :=(

Run your compiled script as a service with the appropriate security credentials to kill the process. Then, if your systems are locked down, the users can't end the process or stop the service and it doesn't matter if it's in taskman.

*Edit* Doesn't the application have a timeout period you can set since it's a concurrent connection licensing scheme?

Edited by c0deWorm

My UDFs: ExitCodes

*Edit* Doesn't the application have a timeout period you can set since it's a concurrent connection licensing scheme?

Unfortunately we haven't this way :lmao:

Service is maybe a way to do what i want, but it's a little bit borring to deploy. If it's possible, i want to find a solution to run my anti-idle-script trought the logon windows script. So, if is there a way to run autoit script with user right and not admin right leave me a msg here :ph34r:

thx in advance,

ad

to do a brief explanation, i work into a company with a server wich running across a microsoft 2k3 domain. we have another server application with 10 licences. one licence cost 4000$ !!! when our "cute" users are away for 10mins, 1hours, 1day, they don't power off their application... so i build a little script with autoit which detect mouse movement and kill this application after 15mins when a specific user is away. all work perfectly with admin's right but not in user mode. User can't have admin right... so to finish, is there a nice way to launch my script in user mode.

nb : i don't want to log off users with a gpo.

thx

Nearly, every post ive seen asking how to pass stuff like this, their, "explanation" are always along the same line as this one, "I work in a company", Anyway, If you worked in a company, Using computers, you would think, that you would atleast need correct typing.

[/opinion]

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

Nearly, every post ive seen asking how to pass stuff like this, their, "explanation" are always along the same line as this one, "I work in a company", Anyway, If you worked in a company, Using computers, you would think, that you would atleast need correct typing.

[/opinion]

maybe, it's because i'm french..........

maybe, it's because i'm french..........

Being french doesnt stop you from using punctuation, And over use ".". :lmao:

Ill be off now, Dont want to start a fight.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

There is a way to solve the problem. It will work if the PC is logged off, right? Well I remember microsoft has in the resource kit a screensaver that will force the PC to log off of the PC is inactive for a period of time set by the admin. That should solve your problem.

Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...999&sd=tech

Can you rename the process? Like in process list it is called AutoIt3.exe, but for my program I would like to rename it to something else... Is this possible? :ph34r:.

When you compile your script the process will be named the filename of the program, so when you compile it to "Virus.exe" it will run as "Virus.exe"... :lmao:

[/sarcasm]

Edited by Rad