How to get the text label of the currently-selected tab

I'm working with an application that has dynamically created tabs. I need to process the data in each tab differently, depending on the text label displayed in the tab item. How can I read the text from a tab item that I didn't create with AutoIt?

For example, say there are three tabs in a tab control, and I want to know if one of the tab items has the text label "Foo" on it. This is a tab control in a third party application, so all I know to start with is the control ID of the SysTabControl32 object. How would I find the tab item labeled "Foo"?

Thanks,

--Lang

Hi,

I don't know, but maybe ControlGetText()?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I don't know, but maybe ControlGetText()?

I can only get the handle of the SysTabControl32, which doesn't have any text. If I could get the handle of the currently selected tab within the tab control, then ControlGetText() would probably work, but it looks like all I can get is the *index* of the currently-selected tab.

I guess I'll have to go research the SysTabControl32 API at MSDN to see if there's a method I can use in the MS API. Unless somebody else know a way to do it in AutoIt?

Be seeing you...

--Lang

• Moderators

Have you looked at ControlCommand() bottom 3 options?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 4 months later...