Help with v3!

Paulie I think that post was awful. I come to this forum for support and I get harrased...Okay, I can see where you get the "idea" or me trying to make a keylogger. But if I were be that stupid, I would've just download a virus/trojan instead of going through the trouble and getting flamed by members here ( which I am now ). Believe what you want, but just in the future, don't accuse people of something they didn't do just because it sounds like it. It's not an accusation until you have proof. It's totally rude how you treat newcomers like this and I can't wait to tell my teacher how awful the support for this program is. Maybe we won't use it any more? Thanks a lot.

The support here is better then you know

But you need to remember that it is the internet and this thread can be viewed by anyone who happens to come across this forum

Even if we give you your code, and it in itself is not malicious, that fact that it would be undeniably simple to make two or three minor tweaks and have a keylogger make for a perfectly logical reason not to post code publicly

And how do you expect us to give you proof? We give you malicious code and somehow monitor how its used? If we went by that system, Autoit would be notorious for writing viruses, and all the anti-virus programs would pick up totally harmless code as malware

When i accused you of making a keylogger, i had proof you were making one

Is there a way that if something is typed in a .exe, could it be sent back to a place such as an ftp server or email? If not a .exe, then would a text document such as .txt or .ini work??

That would mean you are trying to LOG KEYS and have them sent back to you over FTP/E-Mail.

This sounds exactly like what a keylogger does, and no, we didn't just outcast you right there, we gave you plenty of opportunities to give a legitimate reason to make a keylogger

All i didn't have was proof whether or not your particular keylogger was malicious

The only response we got from you was:

This was one of my projects...

Which seems incredibly easy for anyone with a desire for a keylogger to just make up

Also, I am not the only one who sees the potential for you script to be a keylogger.

Both JdeB and th.meger (Two very established autoit coders who have earned my respect) Seem to agree.

Please, don't make a fool of yourself, Autoit is an amazing language, and as for the support thing, let me clue you in with a quote from an person who has also earned my respect, namely Valik

"People pay lots of money to get the advice we throw around for free and now we got a real winner who thinks he's too right to be wrong."

Edited by Paulie

If a text editor is a key logger then ......

Hello. I'm new to AutoIt and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way that if something is typed in a .exe, could it be sent back to a place such as an ftp server or email? If not a .exe, then would a text document such as .txt or .ini work??

2. If yes, how would it get sent back to me and would there be any guides or research I could look into??

Thanks!

This "key logger" will send your logged text back to you.

$f = GUICreate("My app", 200, 200)
$t = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 0, 0, 180, 190)
$b = GUICtrlCreateButton("Send", 5 , 182, 190, 16)
GUISetState()
While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case -3
            ExitLoop
        Case $b
            _INetMail ( "Your.address@your.domain", "Report from" & @ComputerName, GUICtrlRead($t) )
    EndSwitch
Wend

Studying the help file and use the search page is actually a good advice!

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Uten

Okay sorry about the problems. Maybe I should go indepth on the situation on why I want this (because I can see where you accuse me of trying to make keyloggers)...Well, our school uses a program called something such as the 'Vision Client' and it monitors (like a trojan) all of the computers in the class so noone goofs off. We had to remove the Vision software from our school computers (don't ask me why, I think it was because of an error), and we currently can't get the money for some other program for a couple weeks. So our teacher thought it would be great to give extra credit for whoever can create some "program" or something of that sort that when the students would login, their keystrokes would be logged. Therefore the teacher would at least have some sort of administration instead of none. So my friend told me about AutoIt and I'm trying to collect information about it here and help out my school/grade :lmao: Hope you understand now.

-zvision.pro

• Developers

Okay sorry about the problems. Maybe I should go indepth on the situation on why I want this (because I can see where you accuse me of trying to make keyloggers)...Well, our school uses a program called something such as the 'Vision Client' and it monitors (like a trojan) all of the computers in the class so noone goofs off. We had to remove the Vision software from our school computers (don't ask me why, I think it was because of an error), and we currently can't get the money for some other program for a couple weeks. So our teacher thought it would be great to give extra credit for whoever can create some "program" or something of that sort that when the students would login, their keystrokes would be logged. Therefore the teacher would at least have some sort of administration instead of none. So my friend told me about AutoIt and I'm trying to collect information about it here and help out my school/grade :lmao: Hope you understand now.

-zvision.pro

@zvision.pro, first of all ... read the thread from the start again.

Your first post was so vague that i didn't have any idea what you were on about.

Your second post you said you want to Log the keystrokes and sent that to yourself .. That to me means you want a keylogger, so I asked you for what legitimate purpose you needed this.

I can't help you felt attacked but whatever you say, your project is about keylogging which in my mind is illegal, even when your teacher needs it for his/her convenience it remains illegal to me.

Again, I am open to have that discussion with your teacher, but I still think this is a wrong project to work on.

So don't take it personal if you are telling us the truth and tell your teacher about the remarks made here. :ph34r:

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Let's see...I'm taking 2 programming courses now and we just learned about AutoIt and currently doing projects. This was one of my projects...if you want me to type the whole project my teacher gave me, I'll be glad to do that because accusing me is ridiculous. This isn't very welcoming when I come to learn about this great program and I get accused, Congratz.

-zvision.pro

Little descrepancies like that, will prevent any type of help I'm sure.

If your teacher really wants this for the class room, PM someone the teachers name, and your school telephone number, and I'm sure they'll talk to the teacher directly during school hours, after which, they'd probably be glad to help (giving you full credit for helping the school of course).

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Believe what you want but thanks for the help. I think I'm done arguing about this since I got some support on this. Thanks again!

Believe what I want? I was trying to believe you, but where am I supposed to start doing that (The first thread where you were learning AutoIt as a class, or the 2nd part... where you say that a friend told you about AutoIt). And of course, someone in AutoIt's Moron Crew, more than likely PM'd you with some support. Probably justifying it to themselves that they didn't post it publicly, or just don't have the cajones to.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Sorry SmOke I didn't mean "believe what you want" towards you, I meant towards everyone who thinks I'm trying to make keyloggers. And yes the first thread is true I just didn't know I needed to spill that much information in order to get support. Also, no "AutoIt Moron Crew" or anyone else didn't PM me with support.