Help with v3!

Hello. I'm new to AutoIt and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way that if something is typed in a .exe, could it be sent back to a place such as an ftp server or email? If not a .exe, then would a text document such as .txt or .ini work??

2. If yes, how would it get sent back to me and would there be any guides or research I could look into??

Thanks!

welcome to the forums. this will get the text of a window if it can me recognized with autoit.

$win = "Title"

$text = WinGetText($win)

msgbox(0,"Text",$text)

Edit: this would probabally only word for a text document. I don't know how to do the second part of what you're asking, sorry.

Edited by Kyler Carlson

Hi,

do you want to send youself an email oder upload something to ftp after the exe was called. Then yes that is possible.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I'm trying to get either words typed in a text document or a .exe file to come BACK to me by either using ftp or email...so..

What would be easier, .exe or a text document?

Also, which is easier for the info typed, ftp or email??

Also are there any guides on how to write this??

• Developers

I'm trying to get either words typed in a text document or a .exe file to come BACK to me by either using ftp or email...so..

What would be easier, .exe or a text document?

Also, which is easier for the info typed, ftp or email??

Also are there any guides on how to write this??

Any legitimate reason for this keylogging ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

What are you talking about...?

Recording keystrokes on a PC and sending it to you ........... why would you need this ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Recording keystrokes on a PC and sending it to you ........... why would you need this ?

Hi,

Jos I think now you got him nailed down. :lmao:

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Let's see...I'm taking 2 programming courses now and we just learned about AutoIt and currently doing projects. This was one of my projects...if you want me to type the whole project my teacher gave me, I'll be glad to do that because accusing me is ridiculous. This isn't very welcoming when I come to learn about this great program and I get accused, Congratz.

Hey common,

don't be huffy that fast. If you still need help then...

Back to your question. FTP or Mail would both be the same difficulity.

So long,

Mega

...would there be any guides or research I could look into??

SplashTextOn("","Initializing...", 200, 50, -1, -1, 33, "Arial", 15, 500)
Sleep(1200)
SplashTextOn("Welcome!", "Welcome to the Autoit v3 helpfile"&@CRLF&"Use me before posting."&@CRLF&"This text will disappear in 5 seconds", 300, 150, -1, -1, 33, "Arial", 12, 500)
Run("hh.exe "&@ProgramFilesDir&"\AutoIt3\AutoIt.chm","", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
Sleep(1000)
SplashTextOn("Welcome!", "Welcome to the Autoit v3 helpfile"&@CRLF&"Use me before posting."&@CRLF&"This text will disappear in 4 seconds", 300, 150, -1, -1, 33, "Arial", 12, 500)
Sleep(1000)
SplashTextOn("Welcome!", "Welcome to the Autoit v3 helpfile"&@CRLF&"Use me before posting."&@CRLF&"This text will disappear in 3 seconds", 300, 150, -1, -1, 33, "Arial", 12, 500)
Sleep(1000)
SplashTextOn("Welcome!", "Welcome to the Autoit v3 helpfile"&@CRLF&"Use me before posting."&@CRLF&"This text will disappear in 2 seconds", 300, 150, -1, -1, 33, "Arial", 12, 500)
Sleep(1000)
SplashTextOn("Welcome!", "Welcome to the Autoit v3 helpfile"&@CRLF&"Use me before posting."&@CRLF&"This text will disappear in 1 second", 300, 150, -1, -1, 33, "Arial", 12, 500)
Sleep(1000)

Also see this like:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21048

Between the two, thats all you should need

• Developers

Let's see...I'm taking 2 programming courses now and we just learned about AutoIt and currently doing projects. This was one of my projects...if you want me to type the whole project my teacher gave me, I'll be glad to do that because accusing me is ridiculous. This isn't very welcoming when I come to learn about this great program and I get accused, Congratz.

For the record: I have not accused you of anything yet, only asked which legitimate reason you have for this.

I think you need to tell your Teacher to come up what a different project because in my mind this is not something you would want to do normally and is commonly only done by people with a malicious intent. (just show him this post and if he doesn't agree, i welcome a good debate on it )

You have to understand that there are a lot of kids out there that use this nice script language for creating virus type scripts and if you don't mind, we have no intent to help them ...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

For the record: I have not accused you of anything yet

Let me have the honor then

You are making a keylogger. Period.

Theres your accusation

and you can not debate it

You are making a program that records keystrokes. Whether it be with good intention or not, it is still a keylogger.

We do not want to associate keyloggers with autoit here

keyloggers are both illegal and immoral. They jeopardize autoit's credibility and make usable programs exponentially harder to distribute

They create false positives on AV software and make people genuinely lose trust in the language.

Regardless of whether you have good intentions or not, publicly posting potentially malicious code is something we try to avoid.

For more info, see Here

I would laugh at my teacher who's trying to teach me a few lines of AutoIt. :lmao:

Why?

I actually think its cool that autoit has expanded enough to be used in a programming class.

:ph34r: Just goes to show how awesome it really is :geek:

Paulie I think that post was awful. I come to this forum for support and I get harrased...Okay, I can see where you get the "idea" or me trying to make a keylogger. But if I were be that stupid, I would've just download a virus/trojan instead of going through the trouble and getting flamed by members here ( which I am now ). Believe what you want, but just in the future, don't accuse people of something they didn't do just because it sounds like it. It's not an accusation until you have proof. It's totally rude how you treat newcomers like this and I can't wait to tell my teacher how awful the support for this program is. Maybe we won't use it any more? Thanks a lot.