I want to add a register key

Ok because I need the answer on this very hard, I'll explain it to you:

I have done the research to know the path of the right register dir I searched in the help file to get the right commands but I don't know were I put the path to my script so windows know were the file is?

Edit: I've opened a new topic in the right cat.

Edited by Pr0t0n

you should probably just run regedit and look at the other start up keys, that will give you an idea of what you need to do. it's pretty obvious once you look at the other keys.

Ok because I need the answer on this very hard, I'll explain it to you:

I have done the research to know the path of the right register dir I searched in the help file to get the right commands but I don't know were I put the path to my script so windows know were the file is?

Edit: I've opened a new topic in the right cat.

<sarcasm>You know. Its funny how helpful the autoit community can be.</sarcasm>

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "YourProgramName", "REG_SZ", "LocationToYourFile")

How to use.

Change YourProgramName for whatever the name of your program that you wish to startup is.

Change LocationToYourFile to wherever your file is located, that you wish to startup.

Simple as that :lmao:

Edited by CHRIS95219

Yeah of course I know how to make one smart ass I know the help file but you read the problem you know the answer or not?

so I can go further?

I don't think people understand what your after. I for one don't. So smart ass comments wont help you much.

* Do you want to associate a file extension to your program (Like notepad is associated with *.txt files)?

* Or do you want to start your program with (at the same time as) Explorer?

* Or do you want something else like beeing able to write YourApp.exe in the Run dialog and have it start from there (As in ShellExecute in the latest beta)?

* Or maybe something else?

I don't think people understand what your after. I for one don't. So smart ass comments wont help you much.

* Do you want to associate a file extension to your program (Like notepad is associated with *.txt files)?

* Or do you want to start your program with (at the same time as) Explorer?

* Or do you want something else like beeing able to write YourApp.exe in the Run dialog and have it start from there (As in ShellExecute in the latest beta)?

* Or maybe something else?

No I'm writing a fucking virus and CHRIS95219 thanks I don't know why but you are the only one with the right answer, and what I don't understand is why the autoIt support is so FUCKED UP and sorry for my language but I don't know how to say it else.

pr0t0n, valik is an ass sometimes. he knows that, he will not change. just live with it. but really, I don't see why nobody could give this person a straight answer, except Chris. All he asked for was where to put the path to the file he wants to run on startup in the registry. Chris gave it to him just fine. Why was it so hard for anyone else?

I've seen a lot of stuff like this recently...just give the people the answers they want! But everyone seems to make a big deal out of it...

Just my opinion...

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

pr0t0n, valik is an ass sometimes. he knows that, he will not change. just live with it. but really, I don't see why nobody could give this person a straight answer, except Chris. All he asked for was where to put the path to the file he wants to run on startup in the registry. Chris gave it to him just fine. Why was it so hard for anyone else?

I've seen a lot of stuff like this recently...just give the people the answers they want! But everyone seems to make a big deal out of it...

Just my opinion...

:lmao: Edited by AzKay
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

ban? lol

Yeah they can try to ban me but I've got enough skills to come back,

and theguy0000 thanks owe you one, but now I saw that I've overlooked the answer

of chris in the help file, but now I know that my real problem is not were to put the

path but the problem is that the dir not always the same is so I've to script

sometime to get the dir of the script and put it on the right place in the script

but I think that's do able with strings.

Gr33tz,

Pr0t0n

Yeah they can try to ban me but I've got enough skills to come back,

But you can't even use proper english?

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]