IE Window Help

I wrote a script that should fill in a few checkboxes and add a random comment in a comment box, and then submit the form. The browser window title is Jukebox - Microsoft Internet Explorer, and there is no status bar or menu options on the window (it's a smaller pop-up).

This is the top of my script:

$window = "Jukebox - Microsoft Interent Explorer"

winwaitactive( $window )

do

and then all the goodies like tabs and enters and the comment array, etc.

What am I doing wrong? I run the script and then click on the window to activate it, but the script doesnt work on it. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Nevermind, I'm a moron.

lol

I culdn't help smiling when I read that. I just said the same thing about myself yesterday.

I wrote a submission to FFA's proggy so I know a bit about this. Any other problems?

Oh you can use clipboard length or text to see if it's loaded or urldownload if it allows it depending on whether the form is a virtual or hardlink

Rick

Thanks tutor. I was wondering if I want to make a program that covers more browsers then just IE (Mozilla Firefox, Firebird, Netscape, Opera, Safari, etc.) Can I have some kind of conditional statement for my winwaitactive?

I have

$window = "Jukebox - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

WinWaitActive($window)

do

.....all my functions/scripts here...

What type of "or" statement can I include to have all of those potential browser options covered?

Thanks tutor.  I was wondering if I want to make a program that covers more browsers then just IE (Mozilla Firefox, Firebird, Netscape, Opera, Safari, etc.) Can I have some kind of conditional statement for my winwaitactive?

I have

$window = "Jukebox - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

WinWaitActive($window)

do

.....all my functions/scripts here...

What type of "or" statement can I include to have all of those potential browser options covered?

Sure you just have to be aware of their various nuances

For example the statusbar generally reads done in ie after loading. You'd probably have to install all those yourself and test them out. The user can have their browser open as part of there setup waiting for any of the titles the browsers have you wish to support as they open them

Or you can just use a radio button or pull down menu and have them select the type of browser

Rick

I think I'm going to try doing it using:

AutoItSetOption ("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)

WinWait("Jukebox")

All the browsers have the title of Jukebox, but are followed by something unique, so should this work?

Use 2 so it will find it anywhere in the title

WinWait("Jukebox","")

Thanks tutor.  I was wondering if I want to make a program that covers more browsers then just IE (Mozilla Firefox, Firebird, Netscape, Opera, Safari, etc.) Can I have some kind of conditional statement for my winwaitactive?

You can also use an HTA that way it's guaranteed to be ie based

Rick

AutoItSetOption ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

WinWaitActive("Jukebox","")

This is what I have, and it doesn't start working until I open and have the browser window with the title that contains the word Jukebox. The problem is that if I then make another window active the script applies itself to that window (which doesnt have Jukebox in the title). Is there something wrong with that code?