how do would i do this?

Guest monkeydude

Guest monkeydude

Could anyone please tell me the command to hold down Alt or Control and then make it press Enter while the key is held down... Thanks in advance, I have spent to long trying to figure this out.

If you look at the Send command in the helpfile, it lists special characters you may use with this function. You'll notice the characters ^, !, +, and # are mentioned near the top, and each one will send whatever key follows it with the Control ( ^ ), Alt ( ! ), Shift ( + ), or Window key ( # ). So, if you wanted shift-enter, just use Send("+{ENTER}") or if you need alt-enter use Send("!{ENTER}"). You'll find the {ENTER} and other keys in the table below.

You can also hold down the control, alt, or shift keys (or any key for that matter) if you need to. Look those up in the table if you need them.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Guest monkeydude

Will this hold down the alt or control for a few seconds before it hits enter? It will not work for me if it doesn't hold it down for a little bit before it executes the enter command.

{ALTDOWN} Holds the ALT key down until {ALTUP} is sent

{SHIFTDOWN} Holds the SHIFT key down until {SHIFTUP} is sent

{CTRLDOWN} Holds the CTRL key down until {CTRLUP} is sent

{LWINDOWN} Holds the left Windows key down until {LWINUP} is sent

{RWINDOWN} Holds the right Windows key down until {RWINUP} is sent

See how helpfull the helpfile is? I did say you would find a way of doing this in my previous post.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

• 1 month later...

You can also hold down the control, alt, or shift keys (or any key for that matter) if you need to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I was trying to search this for awhile. How would you hold down any key ("or any key for that matter")?

I tried {<KEY>DOWN}, {<KEY1><KEY2>}, and {<KEY1>+<Key2>}. I'm sorry if it is in the help file somewhere; I can't find it. Can anyone please help, thank you.

Ah ok thanks, I just found another post right now that has it ^-^. Yay

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm... maybe my version is old or something, but it doesn't seem to work. The only thing that sends is the key and then it stops for however long I sleep it then it sends another key. For example:

Send("{a DOWN}");

Sleep(10000);

Send("{a UP}");

Would get me "a" and then another "a" ten seconds later.

Hmm... maybe my version is old or something, but it doesn't seem to work.  The only thing that sends is the key and then it stops for however long I sleep it then it sends another key.  For example:

Send("{a DOWN}");

Sleep(10000);

Send("{a UP}");

Would get me "a" and then another "a" ten seconds later.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

odd... mine didn't even send the second a. it sure didn't hold it down. winxp, autoit .103

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)