To lock a folder?

How does I lock a folder? I mean when I'm doble-cliking on a folder, when insted of opeing the folder it pops op a program with a password sercity. I don't know this is posible with AutoIt3 :lmao:.

Just so I can lock my folders... :geek:

Thank you :ph34r:

How does I lock a folder? I mean when I'm doble-cliking on a folder, when insted of opeing the folder it pops op a program with a password sercity. I don't know this is posible with AutoIt3 :lmao:.

Just so I can lock my folders... :geek:

Thank you :ph34r:

HI,

I guess Windows (NTFS) has a func to do that or you can crypt the data with : eg SafeGuard PrivateCrypto.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

What you are requestion sounds like archive encryption. Pretty much all archives can have passwords added to them and they can hold files in a folder structure. I would recommend you use 7-zip. While archives are usually used for compression purposes, you can simply set the compression to store, so that it doesn't compress the files and folders in the archive, but simply allows you to store them in the archive and add a password to it.

http://www.7-zip.org

7-zip is free, open source, and uses 256bit AES encryption, currently one of the strongest single key encryption algorithms out there.

Edited by The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

What you are requestion sounds like archive encryption. Pretty much all archives can have passwords added to them and they can hold files in a folder structure. I would recommend you use 7-zip. While archives are usually used for compression purposes, you can simply set the compression to store, so that it doesn't compress the files and folders in the archive, but simply allows you to store them in the archive and add a password to it.

http://www.7-zip.org

7-zip is free, open source, and uses 256bit AES encryption, currently one of the strongest single key encryption algorithms out there.

Thank you, but I don't wanna encryption (The files are not that secret :ph34r:) just lock the folder.

Like I can't open my D:\ becuase of HP. They have the D:\ drive like a recorvy disk, so when i try to open the drive a dialog pops op and say I can't open. More like that...

(To open the disk I just can use the command sole :geek:)

:lmao:

Edited by Mr. Zero

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I did it in autoit once, just write a script that will do something like this:

Opt ( "WinTitleMatchMode", 3 )
While 1
    Sleep ( 1 )
    If WinExists ( "My Documents" ) Then
        $hwnd = WinGetHandle ( "My Documents" )
        WinSetState ( "My Documents","", @SW_HIDE )
        $pwd = InputBox ( "Folder locked.", "Please type the password to enter", "", "*" )
        If $pwd = "abc123" Then
            WinSetState ( $hwnd, "", @SW_SHOW )
            WinSetTitle ( $hwnd, "", "My Documents - Authorized" )
        Else
            MsgBox ( 16, "Folder locked.", "Bad Password!!" )
            WinClose ( $hwnd )
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

EDIT: You cant have single quotes in autoit boxes...

Edited by Xenogis

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Hi, i would like to input :lmao:

I tried out your code Xenogis and its great, well done, i thought it would be cool without the TrayIcon showing so i added

#NoTrayIcon

just before the original code :ph34r:

(i know its a pretty simple thing to do, just thought id share)

firoki

Edited by firoki

If you are using that script for something you really seriously need to protect I'd recommend some sort of system to make sure if someone closes the program it opens again.

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]