Keeping out unauthorized users

jvanegmond

Run LoginManager.au3 twice the first time and once the other times. Try to find a way to do stuff on your computer, other then logging in with the right credentials (which are, for the moment, already given at startup).

Run Disable_LoginManager.au3 to stop it from running at startup.

This works particularly well on Windows XP. At Windows 98 it seems to shutdown the system as soon as you think about pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.

You need to watch which programs you suspend. Some suspensions will kill the system. Maybe use a list of leavealone processes? An example of this is Spy Sweeper and McAfee Antivirus. These have system hooks in all processes. This means that if you suspend them, you suspend (or hang) your script accidentally.

Who else would I be?

You could if you have windows 2000 rename the program to login.scr in the system32 directory. That way when the screensaver starts, your program will launch.

Also in the registry, set the sreensavetimeout value to something really low like 15. I forget where it is exactly

Edited by eynstyne
F@m!ly Guy Fr33k! - Avatar speaks for itself__________________________________________________________________________________________ite quotes... - Is your refrigerator running? If it is, It probably runs like you...very homosexually - Christians don't believe in gravity - Geeze Brian where do you think you are, Payless?- Show me potato Salad!__________________________________________________________________________________________Programs available - Shutdown timer[indent][/indent]

You need to watch which programs you suspend. Some suspensions will kill the system. Maybe use a list of leavealone processes? An example of this is Spy Sweeper and McAfee Antivirus. These have system hooks in all processes. This means that if you suspend them, you suspend (or hang) your script accidentally.

I am aware of this, but also realise it could become quite a extensive list. At the moment explorer.exe is not being blocked because it is needed by the Shutdown() command.

I have tried this over and over, and my system never froze up farther then I wanted it to, so I was under the impression that it was pretty much working.

If you have a process that can't be blocked by this program because it results in unexpected behavior, please mention it here and I will look into it.

You could if you have windows 2000 rename the program to login.scr in the system32 directory. That way when the screensaver starts, your program will launch.

Also in the registry, set the sreensavetimeout value to something really low like 15. I forget where it is exactly

Would this work on other OS as well?

That's like changing the screensaver to Mandars's application.

I know it works as well on XP.

#)