My Game

dandymcgee

Hey all, I've been working for the past week on this gui-based game. It's only a demo version with one level right now, but you can kinda get the basic idea of it. I have levels 3 - 5 drawn out, but they are far from being complete in code. [EDIT: Posted Code] Level 2 is complete!!!

Download Complete Source Code Here:

http://www.freewebs.com/dandymcgee/myfiles.htm

NOTE: The use of this code or ANY portion of it for commercial purposes is strictly prohobited by the author. This program may be freely distributed or altered in any way your puny little brain can think up under one condition: You must also send the same altered copy to me for evaluation, not for approval but simply so I can learn from you guys. Thanks for helping out. Most Importantly: ENJOY!

Development of this project has been discontinued.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

Any comments/ideas are welcome.

How about just posting the code?

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Looks like it'll be a cool simple game. The only thing I can say is make it so the GUI background is white so there isn't un ugly box around the guy and make it so that the guy isn't all blurry.

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

The pictures are included in the .zip file, if you know how to make the white around the guy disappear (I've tried everything I can think of with MS Paint) then please feel free to do so and post it here. As for the gui, I'll go see what I can do, shouldn't be too hard.

- Dan [Website]

Or get GIMP for free legally...

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Nice, I think you should make a pacman.

Good game. Took me a few tries to get past the first level :lmao:

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Wow, guys thanks for the comments. I wasn't sure if anyone would even be interested in it, it's really not the greatest looking game compared to the computer games out these days. It did take quite some time to write the code for though and come up an idea how to get everything to work out right. I drew a lvl 5 today, but I'm still only halfway through lvl 2 when it comes to the scripting part. I'll be sure to disable the Welcome Screen the next post I make as it is indeed very annoying after the first 2 or 3 times. I always disable it before I do testing :ph34r:. Anyways, I'm off to finish level 2 :lmao:

- Dan [Website]

Wow, guys thanks for the comments. I wasn't sure if anyone would even be interested in it, it's really not the greatest looking game compared to the computer games out these days. It did take quite some time to write the code for though and come up an idea how to get everything to work out right. I drew a lvl 5 today, but I'm still only halfway through lvl 2 when it comes to the scripting part. I'll be sure to disable the Welcome Screen the next post I make as it is indeed very annoying after the first 2 or 3 times. I always disable it before I do testing :geek:. Anyways, I'm off to finish level 2 :lmao:

Don't trash the welcome, just put a Skip button :ph34r: the welcome itself is kinda cool and could be even cooler if you made it in a better font

Wow, that's really nice and distracting!

[u]My Programs:[/u]Word Search Creator - Make your own Word SearchShortHand - Hide a secret message in a jpg fileHex Editor - Edit your Binary fileIncrease file size - Increase the size of any filesArt Generator - A program that generate random picture[u]My Functions:[/u]16-Bits Hash - My Hash function similar to MD5Probabilities - My probabilities function (factorial, permuation, combination)_GetDate() - Convert a date to a day of the week_Base(), _Dec() - Convert a number in any base (bin, oct, hex, dec). Create your own!

Thanks again for the comments. I'll try the skip button I really liked that idea Paulie. As for level editor that's a definate "NO" for right now. It's hard enough for me to script each level, but and editor at this point would be a VERY LLOOOONNNGGGG script to write, as I'd have to automatically write the code to a file like GuiBuilder does in order for it to run right. Also the amount of ghosts and walls and gems you decided to add to the level would make the control IDs different then the one's I am currently using (Every level I have drawn out so far has 1 key, 1 lock, 8 gems, 2 ghosts, and one guy.) I might think about a level editor after I have about 20 or 30 levels complete and get a little better at scripting. I am just about done with level I just have to finish up the move right function then I'll post it here. Should be done within the next hour or so. Thanks again for the comments and I'm really glad you like it as it took quite some time to create.

- Dan [Website]

haha, fun, cant wait for level 2, very neat, of course, I probably say that cause Im still tripping over how to make a gui transparent...<.< anyway... good job!

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Thanks again for the comments. I'll try the skip button I really liked that idea Paulie. As for level editor that's a definate "NO" for right now. It's hard enough for me to script each level, but and editor at this point would be a VERY LLOOOONNNGGGG script to write, as I'd have to automatically write the code to a file like GuiBuilder does in order for it to run right. Also the amount of ghosts and walls and gems you decided to add to the level would make the control IDs different then the one's I am currently using (Every level I have drawn out so far has 1 key, 1 lock, 8 gems, 2 ghosts, and one guy.) I might think about a level editor after I have about 20 or 30 levels complete and get a little better at scripting. I am just about done with level I just have to finish up the move right function then I'll post it here. Should be done within the next hour or so. Thanks again for the comments and I'm really glad you like it as it took quite some time to create.

You should really consider writing a function that parses some sort of text file and creates a dynamic level. It would be much easier in the end and you would be able to create a level editor.

You should really consider writing a function that parses some sort of text file and creates a dynamic level. It would be much easier in the end and you would be able to create a level editor.

Something I made ... maybe you could use.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=27873&hl=

I also started an editor a while back (attached) but never finished it. You can only create a new map with File -> New. Open a image on the left with the import button to draw it on the viewport.

Edited by Hallman