GUI positioning relative to another window..

Pfex

Hello I made a small program that helps with the use of a very stupid and outdated Indexing program that we have to use at work.

What I want, is to link the Gui of my program that is very simple ( just 3 buttons) to the GUI of the program that we have to use at work.

I want that my GUI is on top of that program window at a certain position relative to it.

Any suggestions what to use to get me started?

Thank you for your input and suggestions.

BDW...

I know that this is not the place to ask.. but where may I find a post about how to save some values in a file , so that the individual users may save some options/ make a periodical save of there current selection and bring them back up after the program crashes or so.

Thank you very much for your help and support.

Any suggestions what to use to get me started?

WinGetPos($hWndApp,"") and "WinMove($hWndSticky,"",$x,$y)". You first need to find the handle (hWnd) of the target-applications window though ($hWndApp), which you can do with "WinGetHandle(...)"

but where may I find a post about how to save some values in a file

I think you are looking for "IniRead" and "IniWrite" there.

Thank you for your reply BitRot.

You're welcome :lmao:

Will get working as soon as I will find the time.. seems to be easy to implement .

Yep, it seems easy enough ... Untill you notice that your AutoIt window seems to disapear whenever you set focus to the window it should be attached to. :ph34r:

Actually, its than hidden under that window. All you than need to do is to place it ontop of that window (possible, but not perfect solution : "WinSetOnTop")