Hide the process in the taskbar

Hide the process in the taskbar? What do you mean? You can hide the icon with TrayIconHide, although it still appears for ~0.75 seconds. You could make the application icon transparent to prevent an image from "seeming" to load in the taskbar. If you want something else I think you'll have to explain a bit more.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I think he means task manager.. not taskbar.

I guess he want's it not to be visible so people can't kill it.

All functions running under windows need to be seen by the taskbar or else how else would we be able to find and kill worms and spy ware so that our virus checkers and ad removal software can do their jobs well enough. It's a matter of security. As far as I know anyway..

There is always going to be a way for them to kill the funtions.

moo

If that's the case, you can't completely hide it. However, you can obscure it by naming your exe something innocent looking like "system32.exe." A user who doesn't know that it's your script might not kill it fearing for the operating system.

Typo corrected

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Now i might know what he is talking about :huh2:

He said Taskbar, not Systembar or Taskmanager.

To hide the window (progress) in the taskbar, just add:

Opt("GUITaskbarEntry", 0)

At the top of your script.

:D

You guys might belive its more complicated then it actually is.

The answer is always closer then you think.

Edited by Doxie

Were ever i lay my script is my home...

That could be Doxie, but it's still unclear to me what the original question was.

is it possible to hide the hole process in the taskbar.

How does one hide a process in the taskbar? A process is just running code, and the taskbar is a bar showing open windows. Perhaps if it was phrased "How can I keep the process from the taskbar" it might have been a bit clearer.

Hopefully your interpertation is correct. Sometimes the geeks make it harder than it has to be. :D

Hi to all,

sorry for my late answer and for the confusion ...

Yes, surely i mean the taskmanager!

I want to hide the hole script. I found saw same scrap of code somewhere in the net ...

So - is it possible to realize this in autoit?

implementation 

function RegisterServiceProcess(dwProcessID, dwType: DWORD): DWORD; 
  stdcall; external 'KERNEL32.DLL'; 

// hide
procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); 
begin 
  RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID, 1); 
end; 

// show 
procedure TForm1.Button2Click(Sender: TObject); 
begin 
  RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID, 0); 
end;

:D

I haven't delt much with the windows service interface, but doesn't registering something as a service require admin rights? And even so, any privilaged user can still see the process, created by "system" in the taskman. I can kill my own services by selecting it, and clicking "end task."

No, you cant. Even if were possible tag the process as critical and unstopable I think Jon would not implement such function simply because it is a lot "virus like" and we want avoit that Autoit is seen as a virus.

anyway, the best is using a confusing name as pekster says,

or use TWO scripts.

One if the one you want keep plus an Ablib func that check the existence of the other and restart if it stop existing. The other just check the existence of the other and restart if needed.

Also you can use a registry Tweak (I posted it some time ago) to disable the task manager completly, but of course the user will hate this and that do not block alternative task manages like PSLIST / PSKILL .