Dialog Box Problem

DuncanM

I'm automating the configuration of a device via web browser, which has 2 frames (left and right). In the right frame, I wish to click on the "RESET" button. The following is the code I've implemented thus far:

$oIE = _IECreate ("https://192.168.2.1", 0, 1, 0)
$leftFrame = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 1)
$rightFrame = _IEFrameGetCollection($oIE, 2)
$resetForm = _IEFormGetCollection($rightFrame, 0)
$resetButton = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($resetForm, "Reset")
$resetButton.click

When I execute this code, it does click the RESET button, which displays a Microsoft Internet Explorer dialog box asking "Are you sure you want to proceed?" (OK/CANCEL). The problem I'm having is that I am unable to send anything to this dialog box. I have tried ControlClick and Send, none of which work. In addition, _IEFormSubmit($resetForm, 0) does nothing. I'm so close to finishing this function..what am I doing wrong here?

Ok, when I do Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1), I can see that it stops when at the WinWait('Microsoft Internet') line (i.e. when it waits for the "Microsoft Internet Explorer" dialog box to appear). This would prove that it's not recognizing this window, so I desperately need a way to send something to it!

• Moderators

Smoke - I'm not familiar with WinSearchChildren. How is this implemented? I can't seem to find any documentation on it. Thanks.

Look in Opt(). I told you to do this in the last thread that you brought up on the same subject.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Look in Opt(). I told you to do this in the last thread that you brought up on the same subject.

I added the following at the beginning of the script after Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1):

Opt('WinSearchChildren', 1)

I still can't seem to interact with the window (tried Send and ControlClick)..

• Moderators

I added the following at the beginning of the script after Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1):

Opt('WinSearchChildren', 1)

I still can't seem to interact with the window (tried Send and ControlClick)..

No site for us to test with, ... to be honest, I'm quite tired of the guessing game... GL Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

@DuncanM, I did not intend for this to be a ready-made answer to your problem. You will need to change/modify my example to fit your circumstance. Use the Au3 Window Info to learn more.

Thanks - I modified it using the following:

ControlClick("Microsoft Internet Explorer", "", "Button1")

Still nothing though.. :lmao:

It should be obvious you will also need to change the WinExists function.

Correct - after I have it click on the RESET button and the dialog box appears, I now have the following code:

Sleep(1500)
If WinExists("Microsoft Internet Explorer", "Are you sure") Then
    ControlClick("Microsoft Internet Explorer", "Are you sure", "Button1")
EndIf

However, it still does not seem to be recognizing the window, even with WinChildExists set to 1. The debug says it's hung up on a Sleep line, but I can clearly see it's getting past that.. :lmao:

Ok, I threw in some diagnostic MsgBox lines, and I've confirmed that it's definitely waiting for the main page to return before it continues the script (i.e. until the OK/CANCEL dialog box closes). When I issue the "click", is there a way to tell AutoIT not to wait till the page loads? Amazing how something that should be so simple gets so complex.